Are you seeking a career that makes a difference in the world? Would you like a career where you can use your leadership skills? At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
For over 25 years, Lilly has been committed to helping people suffering from migraine, investigating more than a dozen different compounds for the treatment of migraine and disabling headache disorders. These research programs have accelerated understanding of this disease and advanced the development of Lilly's comprehensive late-stage development programs studying the launch of a Migraine portfolio for prevention of migraine and cluster headache, and for the acute treatment of migraine. Our goal is to make life better for people with migraine by offering comprehensive solutions to prevent or stop this disabling disease. The combined clinical, academic and professional experience of our experts helps us to build our research portfolio, identify challenges for healthcare providers and pinpoint the needs of people living with migraine and cluster headache.
Sound interesting to you? Read on to find out more about how you can join our leadership sales team, where you will enjoy meaningful work, build a successful career and make important contributions to our patients' lives.
The Neuroscience Primary Care District Sales Manager is responsible for effectively working with peers, leadership, corporate, and a team of reps to exceed sales results, provide exceptional customer experiences, and hire, retain and develop talent. In this role, you will be the business owner within a defined district and implement corporate strategies across the team.
Demonstrate Exceptional Leadership:
- Inspires team performance and cultivates a culture that is customer focused and accountable
- Communicates clearly the corporate, business unit, area, and district vision, strategy, goals, and processes into action
- Collaborates with the district to develop a vision, strategy, goals and processes that are aligned to the business unit and area
- Lives the Lilly Leadership Principles: Connect with People, Be Determined, and Drive Continuous Improvement
- Models and coaches sales representatives to ensure understanding of and compliance with all Lilly policies and procedures
Develops Engaged Employees:
- Helps create and contribute to a "Team Lilly" culture where we execute with speed and agility
- Models and coaches sales representatives to develop as high performing individuals and work together as part of a high functioning team
- Adapts coaching and leadership style to train sales representative competencies utilizing the Lilly Coaching Model
- Identifies, recruits, develops and retains diverse talent based on the right mix of customer centricity, Lilly leadership behaviors, and local business needs
- Collaborates with sales representatives to explore and identify their career goals, develops individual development plans and uses his/her professional network to provide experiences that develop and retain local talent.
- Utilizes the performance management process to inspire individual performance
- Facilitates effective live and virtual group learning experiences to accelerate their team's development around critical capabilities, brand strategies, disease state, product, payer, market knowledge.
- Monitors individual employee engagement and team health and continually looks for opportunities to improve them.
Ensures Positive Customer Experiences:
- Models and coaches customer interaction capabilities (e.g., Strategic Account Management, and Value Based Selling) that result in industry leading customer value and service
- Sets high expectations for customer value creation, monitors performance, and takes appropriate action (positive/developmental)
- Create an environment where we have a keen understanding of our diverse customer and patient base as the competitive landscape
- Builds strategic relationships with key customers and external partners including key HCPs, thought leaders, and other local market decision makers and influencers
- Understands payer reimbursement patterns, trends, and associated implications to customer and sites of care to enable appropriate alignment of Lilly resources
- Coaches sales professionals to demonstrate deep understanding of products and disease state when interacting with HCPs
- Share key findings across the business unit, as appropriate, to enhance the overall customer experience
Delivers Business Results:
- Able to understand, communicate, and execute the business unit sales plan at the district level to achieve desired performance
- Use strengths and resources to collect local opportunities, mitigate local threats and weaknesses, and achieve area & business unit objectives
- Maximize business opportunities by accessing and/or negotiating, identifying and allocating resources across district
- Coach, model, and evaluate processes and execution of territory business plans to achieve business results
- Implement business plan, monitor execution and results, and adapt as needed to accomplish business objectives, accelerate district performance and support eco-system growth
- Accountable and responsible for budget and resources required to support the business unit/area/district strategy, and model the ability to make appropriate trade-off decisions
- Use internal and Lilly field team resources, tools, and capabilities
- Remove barriers that stand in the way of achieving results and delivering extraordinary customer experiences
- Operate with high integrity, comply, and coach to Lilly policies and procedures within team
- Bachelor's Degree
- Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by a specific state
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position
- Live inside geography or within 50 miles of geography boundaries
- Successful sales leadership experience
- Marketing or other functional leadership experience
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Product launch experience
- Strong business operations/analytics skills and resource management capabilities
- Confirmed ability to hire, coach, engage, and develop a team for an evolving healthcare environment
- Ability to work cross functionally with other partners (i.e. Field Reimbursement, Market Managers, etc.) and leverage internal business partners and networks (Marketing, Operations, Payer, Compliance, etc.) to address district-level challenges or questions to enhance the customer experience.
- Shown ability to lead the Service Value Chain across team, peers and leadership and make effective business trade-offs
Travel Percentage: 50-75% with some overnight travel required
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
How To Apply:
- Copy and paste the following link into your web browser. This link will re-direct you to the Lilly career page.
- Please note this page is separate from the Syneos Health career page. We ask that you apply using the link above rather than clicking the apply button.
- Once you click the link, you will need to fill out an application on the Lilly career page.
If you have any questions, please contact: [click here]
Information for Internal Candidate
As a Lilly USA employee, you have certain compliance obligations. Training must be completed verifying your agreement to abide by the policies and practices detailed in the Red Book, Lilly's Code of Conduct. Completing this training illustrates you will represent Lilly well; ensuring our objective to make patients' lives better is achieved ethically.
Please understand you have an obligation to complete all of your Compliance Related Training within 20 days of receiving it on your Individual Training Plan (ITP). Failure to complete the specified training by the due date may result in disciplinary action, including a written warning or higher level of discipline, as determined by the company.
Position Type/Category Sales-Field Management
Travel More than 50%
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Degree
Employment/Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Client Direct Hire