At Lilly, we unite caring with discovery to make life better for people around the world. We are a global healthcare leader headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. Our 39,000 employees around the world work to discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to our communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. We give our best effort to our work, and we put people first. We're looking for people who are determined to make life better for people around the world.
The Rheumatology sales specialist is responsible for effectively managing a defined territory and focus on priority health providers in that area. Person must build preference for Lilly as a partner in Rheumatology, grow customer value metric scores, meet sales targets, effectively engage customers, have a business ownership mindset and effectively implement corporate strategies.
- Partner with customers to understand practice workflow and patient needs within the practice. As a business owner, provide resources and meet customer needs for disease-state information, diagnostic and patient identification resources, and product-specific support.
- Assist and coordinate with physicians and office staff through drug initiation process, device training, patient support programs, and follow-up where applicable.
- Support treatment initiation logistics where appropriate
- Collaborate with nurse educators, access specialists, and other commercial partners to ensure a positive patient experience with treatment.
- Collaborate and partner with peers in the sales organization and brand teams
- Strive to consistently achieve quarter-over-quarter sales growth in the territory, which results in exceeding sales expectations.
- Superbly manage territory as it relates to targeting, messaging, programs, and budget.
- Conduct market analysis to develop and implement territory business plans.
- Effectively utilize strategic account based selling to achieve goals by building relationships with the total office and meeting customer needs with all members of an account.
- Identify and develop influential business relationships with the focus on anticipating and exceeding needs, with key customers/influencers/prescribers, speakers, thought and opinion leaders, state and local advocacy groups, teaching institutions, and managed care personnel/organizations when appropriate.
- Focus on developing or building key resource and referral networks to enhance the standard of care for dermatology patients within the territory.
Disease State and Rheumatology Market Knowledge:
- Develop deep knowledge of rheumatology industry/research, local and regional market trends, disease-state, product/brand and competitor knowledge.
- Aggressively pursue ongoing medical knowledge development within and outside of formal Lilly training by reading industry/technical literature (e.g. articles, journals, newsletters) and attending medical conferences when possible.
- Share learning effectively with teammates to serve as a learning resource within the Geo-managed team.
- Earn reputation throughout the rheumatology community as a subject-matter expert and a valued resource.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Completion of the Pre-Employment Screen (not required for internal employees)
- Professional certification or license required to perform this position if required by state
- Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record required
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to be employed in the United States. Lilly does not anticipate providing sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B or TN status) for this employment position.
- Strong background in navigating complex accounts within integrated health systems
- Extensive experience or thorough understanding of specialty pharmacy distribution model
- Ability to incorporate the "total office" selling approach/account management
- Proven ability to personalize the customer approach-IQ/EQ balance
- Quick learning agility/self-development focus
- Patient centric mindset
- Proven ability to lead the service value chain - exceptional leadership, engaged employees, exceptional customer experiences leading to strong business performance - across team, peers and leadership.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales expectations
- Strong business analytical skills (business/ financial acumen)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity while making the product experience simple for the customer
- Experience with either rheumatology and/or biologics/in-office infusions
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to the area of responsibility.
- Ability to provide secure and temperature controlled location for product samples may be required\
- Approximately 25%-50% travel; some overnight travel may be required
Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
How to Apply:
- Copy and paste the following link into your web browser. This link will re-direct you to the Lilly career page.
- Please note this page is separate from the Syneos Health career page. We ask that you apply using the link above rather than clicking the apply button.
- Once you click the link, you will need to fill out an application on the Lilly career page.
- Once you apply on the Lilly career page, you will be asked to complete an online assessment. This assessment will take approximately 45 minutes to complete.
- Make sure to carefully read the instructions/questions as completion of the assessment is required in order to move forward in the process.
If you are not prompted to take the assessment after applying on the Lilly career page, please contact: [click here]
Syneos Health companies are affirmative action/equal opportunity employers (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled)
Position Type/Category Sales-Field
Travel About 25%
Minimum Education Level Bachelor's Degree
Employment/Job Type Full Time
Employment Type Client Direct Hire