The National Business Director will be the primary contact for the designated client on all matters related to the project and provide leadership, management and financial and operational oversight to field management.
- Understand the strategy and key priorities of the client
- Integrate with client leadership and collaborate across multi-functional teams to ensure collaborative approach to support field sales success.
- Proactively recommend solutions to enhance the client's performance, leveraging Selling Solutions capabilities and other services as appropriate to support client competitiveness
- Identify opportunities to complement client's capabilities with Syneos Health capabilities to further strengthen the partnership
- Function as the primary liaison between client and internal Syneos operational elements, ensuring Syneos employees working with client understands strategy and incorporates that into their recommendations
- Facilitate a culture of accountability through ongoing cadence discussions with Syneos Field Leaders (SLLs, FLLs), Syneos Health internal partners (Business Analytics, HR, Commercial Capabilities, Client Services) and client stakeholders (Brand, Sales Leadership, Commercial Operations) to identify scalable business practices and to problem solve potential field barriers to effective execution.
- Responsible for overall P&L of the contract
- Ensure contracted services, information flow and all other deliverables are completed on time
- Collaborate on development of performance goals and objectives at all levels and appropriate measures to ensure achievement
- Collaborate with Analysis & Reporting to design reports and tools to monitor attainment of goals established in the client agreement
- Oversee the recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and staffing of the management, sales and account team
- Minimize regrettable turnover through selection process and ongoing leadership actions. Leverage performance management tools to quickly identify performance level and direct resources to manage appropriately in a timely fashion
- Provide frequent, ongoing performance feedback to all direct reports and foster a team oriented, supportive working environment.
- Collaborate on incentive compensation plan design and oversee plan administration
- Establish performance expectations and oversee activity of direct reports within field management and Client Services structure, including adherence to policies
- Conduct regularly scheduled meetings with the client to discuss and address business issues
- Recommend positive solutions toward increasing productivity and improved operational efficiency
- Oversee performance management process for all team members and ensure fair, timely resolution of disciplinary process
- Conduct regular meetings with the account and field sales management teams as well as periodic interaction with representatives to discuss program issues, training needs and personnel development
- Assess training needs and recommend solutions, as appropriate
- Maintain or expand business opportunities within existing Client base to include additional services
- Foster an environment that rewards accomplishment and encourages the advancement and retention of productive employees.
Wymagania do pracy
- Minimum Bachelor's degree, MBA preferred (Majors preferred - Sciences, Business, Healthcare Fields)
- Minimum 10 years of commercial pharmaceutical experience with at least 5 years of second level management leading a Regional or National Field Sales force.
- Preferred but not required, a minimum of 2 years of home office and operations background. i.e. Training, Incentive Compensation, Recruiting, Analyst etc.
- Must have strong understanding of Client account management and sales operational functions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven, successful history in leadership and motivational role.