ProClinical has a brilliant opportunity for a Buyer/Planner to be based in California, USA. This job will be with one of the largest workforce management solutions companies in the world who specialise in multiple scientific and engineering sectors.
Directs the movement of materials from procurement to production planning.
- Plans and execute procurement of materials from contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Maintains strong working relationships and communications with corporate procurement/quality departments contract manufacturers and suppliers.
- Generates material requirements plan in Expandable (ERP) and Kanban systems and identifies components needing to be purchased or delivered within planning horizons.
- Issues purchase orders to suppliers, establishes appropriate material delivery requirements and ensures proper maintenance of open purchase orders.
- Supports purchasing activities for all site departments.
- Reviews and assists in ongoing maintenance of Kanban inventory management process.
- Proactively reports product and material availability issues.
- Maintains, monitors and revises essential planning systems to ensure accuracy of material planning and cost management systems.
- Participates in production meetings and coordinates change order activities to published schedules.
- Tracks and improves product unit cost from external sources.
- Creates and works on purchase price variance reduction.
Education and Experience:
- B.Sc. in Business, Engineering or relevant field.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a medical device manufacturing company, specific experience in a Materials Management role preferred.
- Knowledge and application of Lean and Six-Sigma methodologies.
- Working knowledge of ERP system; Expandable knowledge preferred.
- High-level of understanding of warehouse processes and transactions
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to lead and develop direct reports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high urgency environment while maintaining quality standards.
- Willingness to travel up to 5 - 10%
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Christopher Frank on +1 267 405 6996 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.