A leading US biopharmaceutical organisation with a solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within a number of therapy areas have a new Supply Chain Specialist job opportunity at their offices in California. USA. The company has a growing pipeline of investigational drugs and approximately 5,000 employees in offices across four continents.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Supply Chain, this Supply Chair Specialist role will be responsible for ensuring timely execution of the manufacturing transactions and data updates in Oracle ERP. This role will include reconciling inventory between internal manufacturing sites and contract manufacturing facilities.
- Uses the prepared Master Production Schedule and Inventory Targets to prepare production orders for manufacture of commercial products.
- Establishes sequence and lead-time of each batch to meet shipping dates.
- Prepares and maintains required ERP system documents such as work orders, purchase orders and Material Transfer Requests.
- Updates ERP system data to report production activity and material issuance/movement. Verifies API issuances are in alignment with batch records to support GxP lot tracing requirements
- Processes changes in the ERP system to reflect schedule adjustments according to production progress, change orders, or other delaying conditions. Ensures that open Work Order are in sync with associated Purchase Orders
- Reconcile book inventory against CMO oh hand inventory and investigates / explains inventory differences. Makes reconciling entries and works with both internal and external auditors to support SOX requirements.
- Provides support to vendors in resolving outstanding accounts receivable balances and works with Accounts Payable to revolve issues preventing the timely payment of invoices.
- Maintains pricing sheets for each vendor reflecting the current unit pricing and tracks the number of purchase orders issued for vendors that have volume discount price breaks so that the correct price is reflected on those purchase orders.
- Takes independent action to ensure appropriate purchasing, routing, scheduling, and/or storing of goods.
- Compiles, records, and tracks pertinent data through computerized systems, and based on analysis of data provides recommendations for corrective action.
- Reviews non-routine information or data to support Supply Chain activities - e.g. inventory levels, prices and tracking of shipments, inventory positioning, material deliveries, planned master production schedule and sales forecasts.
- May make recommendations on inventory levels, sources, handling etc.
- Responds to requests for information from other departments, reviews available information, and may contact vendors for further information.
- Receives requests for routine changes affecting inventory levels, e.g. shipments, purchases, movement of stock. Performs necessary transactions and records in system to reflect changes.
- Prepares standard documents, such as work orders, purchase orders, material transfer requests, shipping documentation, and material reconciliation reports.
- May communicate with other department representatives
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- Works on assignments that range from routine to basic in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required.
- Must have knowledge and be proficient in Microsoft Office applications and other relevant software.
- Demonstrates good written communication skills along with good analytical skills.
- Able to apply knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in related field and a HS diploma or Certificate to FETAC level 6 (GSL; or
- 0+ years of relevant experience and a BS.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Christopher Frank on +1 267 405 6996 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.