ProClinical is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual with an understanding of biotherapeutic drug development to join our client's immuno-oncology discovery team. This Director/ Exec position is responsible for building and leading a team of scientists to support the preclinical biology efforts for immuno-oncology biotherapeutic antibody drug discovery programs.
The successful candidate will have a strong scientific background in immunology and/or oncology, and experience in drug discovery. The successful candidate will directly contribute to target identification, validation, characterization, and selection of antibody-based cancer immunotherapeutics. A demonstrated track record of utilizing their knowledge to design and execute a research strategy that answers pivotal questions about the novel targets or biology under evaluation is required.
- Maintains an excellent grasp on emerging areas of immuno-oncology research and new therapeutic targets
- Develops pharmacological strategies and implements experimental approaches for addressing key scientific questions in each of the antibody programs
- Plays a visible role in decision-making process on cross-functional antibody discovery teams, providing core expertise and input on scientific direction
- Ensures generation of high quality data to support decision making on individual programs and effectively communicates the data to senior leadership
- Leverages external collaborations to generate key pharmacological data in support of discovery programs
- Advocates early development strategy, biomarker selection, and combination approaches for new development programs
- Maintains strategic focus across multiple complex drug discovery projects in prioritizing resource allocation to drive decisions consistent with the corporate goals
- Effectively collaborates with other functions in the discovery and clinical departments
- Manages Pharmacology personnel (Ph.D and BS/MS level scientists) including development, mentoring, and effective delegation
- Ph.D. in Immunology, Pharmacology, Cancer Biology or related field
- Post-doctoral experience in a relevant field
- 5-10+ years of pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- Supervisory and research team leadership experience
- Excellent communication skills and a solid publication record
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matt Tong on +1 646 768 9726 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.