ProClinical has a brilliant opportunity for a Research Associate to be based in Somerville, MA. This job will be with one of the largest workforce management solutions companies in the world who specialise in multiple scientific and engineering sectors.
- Use appropriate experimental procedures to conduct research on assigned vaccine projects.
- Troubleshoot and optimize assays and implement solutions.
- Communicate results of own work to supervisor/team and at group meetings.
- Perform immunological, virological, and molecular biology techniques in accordance with appropriate quality standards.
- Prepare and handle samples, data, and equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
- Assemble and interpret own data for presentations.
- Review literature and apply findings to interpret and improve data management and experimental design.
- Participate and/or present in meetings and conferences.
- Respect the Client's safety practices and standard operating procedures.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- BS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and a minimum 2 years laboratory experience, or MS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 0-2 years laboratory experience.
- Possess working knowledge in virology, molecular biology, and/or immunology.
- Ability to work independently with medium supervision as well as collaboratively in team projects.
- Experience working in a GLP environment is preferred
- Experience working in a BSL-2 environment is preferred
- Ability to optimize and implement scientific methods as they pertain to research goals.
- Be well organized and detail oriented, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills.
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements for working with infectious agents in a BSL-2 environment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying, please upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.