A leading US biopharmaceutical organisation with a solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within a number of therapy areas have a new Research Associate (Imaging) job opportunity at their offices in California, USA. The company has a growing pipeline of investigational drugs and approximately 5,000 employees in offices across four continents.
My client is seeking a highly motivated, interactive, and creative individual to support drug discovery and development within Research. The successful candidate will be part of the pathology and imaging laboratory within Biology Core Support which provides laboratory support throughout. He/she will work closely with internal research groups as well as external collaborators to identify and validate novel drug targets in the areas of oncology, fibrosis, virology, and inflammation. The candidate will perform quantification of single and multiplex tissue staining with custom-made algorithms for the analysis of immunohistochemistry and/or immunofluorescence.
- Developing algorithms for quantification of IHC, ISH, and IF (including multi-plexing), combining image analysis solutions with an intuitive interface to enable users to easily tailor algorithms to their own specific needs. He/she will have extensive experience in running algorithms on whole slide images, regions of interest, or batches of slides.
- Developing automated quantification of complex staining to enable researchers to interpret protein or mRNA expression. The successful candidate must be able to independently plan, execute, and troubleshoot decisional experiments that support the initiation and/or advancement of drug candidate projects.
- Working cross-functionally within the organization to achieve goals, present research findings and recommendations to senior staff, and identify new technologies that may increase throughput or enhance our understanding of disease mechanisms.
Knowledge, experience, and skills:
- BS degree and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of Visiopharm, Definiens, or similar, and data analysis programs (Excel, Spotfire, Prism, etc.) is a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to build novel algorithms to develop image analysis programs to fit various indications within the portfolio.
- Able to troubleshoot independently, use both strategic and tactical thinking effectively, and show curiosity-driven engagement in scientific problems.
- Able to manage more than one project at any given time, to work successfully in a cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment, and to communicate clearly to a variety of audiences in both speech and writing.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Christopher Frank on +1 267 405 6996 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.