An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Employee Relations Specialist to join a global biopharmaceutical company based in California, USA. A very patient focused company, whose scientific research has resulted in 15 marketed products that are benefiting hundreds of thousands of people, a pipeline of late-stage drug candidates and unmatched patient access programs to ensure medications are available to those who could otherwise not afford them.
- In partnership with the leadership of Employee Relations, pro-actively assists in reviewing, revising and/or recommending Employee Relations policies for the company.
- Partners effectively to create change management and communication plans for a broad audience to include Human Resources and employees as appropriate.
- Provides insight and interpretation to managers and employees throughout the company regarding company policies, complex employee relations issues, performance management, workplace investigations and critical incident management.
- Acts as an integral team member of Employee Relations on employment matters worldwide.
- Advises on matters related to supervision of direct reports, and provides consultation and guidance to managers in the areas of coaching and counseling of their direct reports.
- Responds to and investigates complaints involving complex employment matters under guidance and supervision from senior Employee Relations management.
- Assists in the preparation of comprehensive investigation reports which includes recommendations for complaint resolution.
- Proactively identifies and communicates Employee Relations metrics, workplace trends & benchmarking data.
- Develop and lead programs and initiatives that will support strategic efforts to create an ideal work environment.
- Designs and facilitates training and workshops on key HR policies and best practices.
- Advises on business change including acquisitions, restructurings and reorganizations.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in Employee Relations and a BA or BS degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Broad knowledge of HR principles, practices, and procedures.
- Requires solid working knowledge and understanding of Human Resources legislation/employment law, principles, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, assess employment risk and provide strategic advice.
- Must have demonstrable experience in changing work environments and the effects associated in the HR area.
- Ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels of the Company.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal communication skills are required.
- Must possess solid influencing skills.
- Work is performed without appreciable direction. Exercises some latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying, please upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.