ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Programmer job on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company located at Stockley Park, London. Our client has a vacancy for a Principal Programmer to plan and participate in programming/QC activities for multiple studies or across an indication including submission activities. This role will be contract with the possibility to extend.
- Plans and participates in programming/QC activities for multiple studies or across an indication including submission activities.
- Contributes to standards within a therapeutic area in accordance with the Asset Data Strategy.
- Leads the eCRF Development process.
- Plans and manages the eCRF Development and Post Go Live timelines.
- Provides Technical expertise to internal/external customers in support of clinical study data.
- Provides consultancy about study specific technical activities and issues, i.e., analysis of existing business technology issues and development of plans for capability improvement through increased efficiency or effectiveness.
- Provides Technical consultancy to R&D strategic initiatives and contributes to plans for capability improvement through increased efficiency or effectiveness.
- Accountabilities: Leads small non-clinical projects within department and with experience in grade, major projects (clinical or non-clinical), across the wider Programming Community.
- May lead the development of standards- Includes -omics, biomarker, and in-licensed compounds and input into industry standards.
- Able to motivate staff within functional or cross-functional team - may represent the Programming community externally (e.g. FDA teleconferences).
- Can resource effectively to meet team milestones, enable prompt decision-making for the projects and to build credibility and presence with customers.
- Influences and adds value (e.g. data visualization) at study team and functional team level to enable decision-making.
- Utilizes other disciplines outside of the programming area to solve complex problems; proactively identifies technical programming problems; define criteria for assessing alternative solutions & determine the optimal approach; make decisions in face of unusual and conflicting information.
- Identifies recurring problems and initiates process improvement.
- Proactively identify, assess and resolve the impact of decisions/actions from other groups.
- Appreciation of future direction/wider objectives (project or business).
Skills and Requirements:
- Leverages relationships to address Project / Study issues.
- Delivers all communication with clarity, impact and passion and tailored to the audience.
- Makes complex ideas simple.
- Applies effective verbal and written communications skills at project level and external (e.g. Commercial, Regulatory).
- May present at project level and externally; applies skills at any level with experience in grade.
- Provides broader level knowledge and expertise (e.g., UNIX scripting, computing environments, Data Capture, tools integration, Data Extraction); provides technical advice to other teams/ departments.
- Provides advice on technical issues outside of community (e.g. Global Software Applications, Impact of new software and systems).
- Takes an initiative (a clearly interconnected set of activities) designed to raise the value added to customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree / Master’s Degree or equivalent with proven applicable experience.
- Expertise in SAS. Understanding of regulatory process.
- Ability to generate/implement ideas/solutions to cross functional strategy (e.g., outsourcing strategies).
- Anticipate process and software challenges.
- Expertise in SAS, SQL and/or other scripting and programming languages; Relational Database Design.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sam Walker on +44 203 8569 336 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.