A Computational lead position has opened at a global clinical cancer genomics company. This position will oversee the management and scientific direction of a computational team in the field of cancer genomics data and biomarker development, we are looking for a computational lead with experience in team leadership and project management, preferably in the field of bioinformatics. Industry experience is expected but academics with leadership experience will be considered as well. Previous experience with regulatory compliance and software accreditation would also be valuable. There is flexibility for the exact profile and experience of the applicant, provided they can demonstrate their qualities in the general area of computational biology and motivation to join a young company in the field of cancer genomics in a full-time role.
- Manage a team of computational researchers/applied geneticists
- Act as an interface between lab/commercial teams and developers to prioritise and organise projects
- Organise the development of new algorithms and tools for cancer diagnostics
- Expertise in software development, typically but not necessarily in an industry setting
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with the management of a computational team, ideally bioinformatics (Required)
- Established track record in project management (Desired)
- Experience with next generation sequence data analysis (Desired)
- Prior experience with work in a regulated environment, in particular for software and quality assurance, such as ISO 13485, EN 62304, ISO 15189, or other (Desired)
- Candidates will be expected to deliver leadership and supervise timely delivery of projects in a team-oriented environment, and have excellent organisational and time management skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sam Walker on +44 203 8569 336 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.