ProClinical is seeking a Computational Scientist to join a global clinical cancer genomics company, for the analysis of cancer genomics data, biomarker development, optimisation of company technology, as well as for clinical data analysis in collaboration with company partners. The Computational Scientist will have skills centred around bioinformatics. We expect that most applicants will have a prior experience in the fields of bioinformatics and/or cancer genomics, for example a MSc or PhD degree in a relevant field and/or industry experience. Previous experience with regulatory compliance and software accreditation is useful, but is not essential. There is flexibility for the exact profile and experience of the applicant, provided they can demonstrate their qualities in the general area of computational biology and motivation to join a young company in the field of cancer genomics.
- Develop novel computational tools for the development of cancer diagnostics
- Interact with the lab team to support the delivery of technology
- MSc of PhD in bioinformatics or a related field
Skills and Requirements:
- Experience with next generation sequence data analysis (Essential)
- Scientific programming experience, for example using R (Essential)
- Experience with cancer genomics data (Desired)
- Experience in longitudinal data analysis, survival models, biomarker development and/or clinical trials analysis (Desired)
- Prior experience with work in a regulated environment, in particular for software and quality assurance, such as ISO 13485, EN 62304, ISO 15189, or other (Desired)
- Candidates will be expected to be creative, capable of working both independently to progress work with minimal supervision, in a team-oriented environment, and have excellent organisational and time management skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sam Walker on +44 203 8569 336 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.