ProClinical are recruiting on behalf of a leading contract research organisation who have a vacancy for a Senior Statistical Programmer. This role will offer you a unique opportunity to work on a novel, large, clinically rich data set in oncology working as a key member of a small, dedicated team. The purpose of this role is to facilitate the study of a broad set of interesting analytical and statistical questions that are directly related to care delivery and patient outcomes. Given the application to a clinical service setting, this role will provide exposure to additional aspects of data set management and enhancements, including both exploratory approaches to insight generation and the design and development of management reports and dashboards. This is a permanent role based in Leeds, UK.
- Helping to choose appropriate approaches, data management, analytical and statistical design to meet study objectives. This may in the longer term also include interventional studies and direct collection of patient reported data
- Develop approaches to analyse a novel dataset
- Contribute to writing of study proposals, including statistical analysis sections
- Write SAPs, specify for table shells and figures as required
- Extract data from databases (SQL), write SAS code to prepare analysis of datasets according to study protocol or SAP
- Document processes for data extraction, organisation and storage
- Develop procedures for efficient data extraction and re-use of code
- Develop data dictionaries etc. as required
- Provide assistance in the write up and presentation of the results appropriate for the intended audience
Skills and Requirements:
- Prior experience and comfort with working with large-scale data relating to healthcare
- Strong MS SQL programming experience
- Strong SAS programming skills
- Ability to independently undertake data quality check and prepare cohorts using real-world databases
- Has experience of creating tables and figures in SAS
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- A commitment to work collaboratively & effectively with others in and across teams with different expertise
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks under tight timelines
- Familiarity with working with large real-world cancer healthcare data
- MSc (or equivalent) in Medical Statistics, Bio-informatics or a related field
- Experience working with prospective and/or retrospective oncology studies, including database analyses
- Experience working in close collaboration with clinicians
- Experience and knowledge of current issues in the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sam Walker on +44 203 8569 336 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.