ProClinical is currently seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist for a worldwide leader in the field of genetic diagnostics for rare hereditary diseases. This Bioinformatics Scientist role is a permanent position based in Berlin, Germany.
- Assist and support clinical scientists in generating various reports by querying the database
- Develop and deploy novel tools for the analysis of genomic and high-throughput screening data
- Work with clinicians and scientists to evaluate and deploy existing bioinformatics tools (software assessment, installation, configuration and customization)
- Engage in educational activities with the purpose of implementing the tools into routine practice
- Work with the internal bioinformatics scientific team to continuously improve services and the use of bioinformatic technologies in diagnostics
Skills and Requirements:
- A doctorate degree in Bioinformatics, Statistical Genetics, Biological Sciences, or a related field
- Excellent knowledge of DNA biology
- Experience with NGS data analysis and interpretation
- Familiarity with exome data analysis is a significant advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Linux environment, Python, and MySQL
- Excellent knowledge of English (oral and written)
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sam Walker on +44 203 8569 336 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.