A large global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas is looking to hire a Senior Statistician at their office in Brussels. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work at a top 10 global pharmaceutical company that employs approximately 100,000 people worldwide. In order to provide that statistical expertise you are expected to be an essential, influential and accountable partner of the project teams. Within those teams you will ensure the use of rigorous and sound statistical approaches, but also develop or introduce novel statistical approaches which have a large impact on the organization by ensuring quality and productivity. Within the statistical team you will be a senior member providing statistical guidance to more junior members and involved in strategic discussions and developments.
- Ensure full integration of statistics and statistical thinking into our daily research, product and process development, technology transfer and production.
- Develop robust products, processes and analytical methods for products in the pipeline in alignment with the Quality-by-Design principles.
- Take autonomously full ownership and accountability of all statistical content within a multidisciplinary team. Typical applications include planning and evaluation of experiments (DoE), sample size calculation, process and method validation, technical transfers, critical investigations etc.
- Help global strategic projects to fulfil requirements requiring a statistical solution in compliance with current regulatory guidelines.
- Help the Statistics Manager in coaching and development of less experienced team members.
- Up-skill the organization on the application of statistics by providing training, user-friendly applications and offering development opportunities.
- Keep yourself up to date with latest developments in the field of statistics and explore applicability for our organization.
- Manage external and internal collaborations with statistical thought leaders and statistical expert groups in other functions and divisions.
- Influence the external environment (e.g. regulators) by means of presenting at key conferences and publishing.
- Support improvement of data collection and management to enable quick and reliable data analysis.
Skills and Requirements:
- University degree (Master / PhD) in Statistics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Life Sciences or a related field.
- An up-to-data knowledge of applied Statistics.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience including hands-on applied statistical consultancy, preferably in an industrial context and with cross-functional and cross-cultural teams.
- Proficiency in the use of professional statistical software.
- Fluent English a MUST; mastering French a plus and other languages strongly desirable (French/ Italian/ German/ ...).
- Have good communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sam Walker on [+44] or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.