A leading multinational pharmaceutical, and medical devices company currently has an attractive job vacancy available for a Logistics Specialist - Senior to be based in their Zug, Switzerland office. The CLS Network Manager will lead regional logistics network optimization projects by devising Network Projects, conducting analysis and building data models to support business requests, devise control plans to enable fast and reliable business decisions by management in line with the EMEA Network Strategy and assist with execution of change management processes. Responsible for system data validation, knowing where to obtain the data sources, building scenarios, managing functional team members and presenting the data in a format that allows management to make strategic decisions.
- Establishes what-if models and network design models that can be leveraged across various supply chain functions. Develops end to end models considering impacts across order placement, distribution, and transportation with a keen focus on customer experience and cost
- Subject matter expert in network optimization methodology and supporting tools. Develops network models supporting various scenarios and identifies distribution network to optimize customer experience and costs.
- Drives knowledge transfer across discipline/business partners. Proactive problem identification and solution development to a variety of problems of broad scope and complexity, referring to policies and practices for guidance.
- Conducts trending and analysis, data mining, validation and maintenance to generate creation of reports and scorecards aligned to business requirements/needs
- Presentation of data in a format that allows management to make strategic decisions; i.e., creation of an executive summary and concepts to analyze/drive process improvements as appropriate.
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency to deliver product on time and ensures accuracy in data presented
- Conducts troubleshooting and root cause analysis for complex issues using company-specific knowledge of products, processes and contacts and develops recommendations for resolution
- Ability to develop automation tools for deployment within team and across supply chain
- Utilizes project management tools to deliver results on-time and provide timely updates to management
- Create project scoping and specification with partners and align on business objectives and scoping for successful deployment
- Drive flawless project execution by ensuring network optimization projects adhere to milestone schedule / stage gates, Final Project objectives and scope agreed upon during formal Project Kick Off and tracked on a monthly basis during Project Leadership Team reviews.
- Take ownership as Subject Matter Expert for Network optimization projects
- Regularly communicates in all directions to keep associates, peers, and Management informed of project status, process changes, and opportunities.
- Prioritizes and manages multiple complex simultaneous tasks and projects
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or Operations (BA/BS compulsory requirement, MA/MS desired)
- Logistics or Supply Chain qualification strongly desired
- 7 years prior work experience in a Logistics, Customer Services or Supply Chain
- Analytical and highly collaborative work abilitities
- Fluent in English (Written and spoken)
- Project management skills or hands on experience of co-ordinating cross functional teams.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently, manage complexity and take ownership for deliverables
- Numerate and IT literate (i.e. all MS Office applications)
- Highly skilled in Excel and Access
- Knowledge in Network Optimiuation software preffered
- Strong Knowledge of factors that drive network decisions and trade-offs required for network decisions
- Knowledge of WMS & TMS applications preffered
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Valaince Penteng on +44 2038 4606 43 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.