This Procurement Manager role is with one of the most renowned global pharmaceutical, medical device and consumer health organisations located in Zug, Switzerland. The organisation is a top 10 pharma company and employs over 100,000 professionals worldwide. The Manager will be responsible for implementing the strategic initiatives for products produced at External Manufacturers. He/she will plan and direct the organizations activities and deliver against targets for financial performance, quality, and service and compliance adherence. He/she will provide Global and Regional Leadership for deploying end-to-end supplier strategies, maintaining key relationships within the business and managing cross segment supplier relationships. The position must shape, connect and lead resources to deliver on key projects.
- Develop and drive the External Manufacturing vision for, with and through the stakeholder community
- Own relationship with medium to high complexity suppliers: Monitor performance, develop and lead regular performance reviews (CS&OP, CIP execution, QBR, Planning, Quality reviews, etc.), oversee product tech transfers and decommissioning of sites, engage suppliers in lean process improvements and manage operations via virtual plant management
- Assess existing global supplier footprints and product supply opportunity; Partner with suppliers to drive network efficiencies in alignment with global EM vision
- Perform analysis of investments required to support recurring cost reductions and business growth for supplier sites
- Conduct CIP ideation sessions with medium to high complexity suppliers; Develop the vision, strategy and implementation plan that will effectively meet the long-range requirements of the business partners and deliver the maximum value.
- Interface directly with CEOs and other supplier leadership to assure alignment of the company’s objectives are met, including quality, reliability, innovation and cost; Conduct additional negotiations, if required
- Develop Ops Plans (incl. budgets, volume planning, etc.) with EM sites; Ensure alignment on the outcomes with key internal partners;
- Identify potential Quality/Regulatory, Technical and/or Supply Chain challenges. Work with key internal stakeholders and EM sites to resolve
- Develop, implement and lead proactive change and risk management processes for suppliers
- Deliver on financial, service, reliability, quality, and growth commitments
- Escalate issues that may impact the Global Procurement organization
- Build and maintain relationships throughout the company that results in dynamic interactive dialogue on a broad range of perspectives and information critical to the development of optimal approaches and solutions
Skills and Requirements:
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelor or Equivalent
- Required Years of Related Experience: 7+ Years
- Broad-based understanding of business operations and practices and core Procurement experience desired
- Strong operations and supply chain experience required
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing and collaboration skills are required
- Able to prioritize requests, and propose effective cost/customer service alternatives when necessary
- Ability to show judgment in developing new approaches and resolving issues
- Ability to show strategic thinking
- Travel on the Job: up to 20% domestic and international
- Preferred Minimum Education: MBA 1 or Equivalent, other (Ph.D., JD, etc. an asset) in business, life sciences or related field
- People management experience
- Education - CPSM, CSCP, CPIM, PMP, or other certification or relevant experience preferred
- Strong level of proficiency with core Procurement skills (e.g., Supplier Management, Procurement Excellence)
- Strong level of credibility with internal customers, and with the supplier community
- Strong influencing skills with ability to see issues from multiple viewpoints and understand differing needs of stakeholders (e.g., businesses, Procurement LT, Marketing, R&D, Supply Chain); has "presence"
- Successfully lead cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to respond to changes in the external environment, while ensuring the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Valaince Penteng on +44 2038 4606 43 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.