A leading multinational pharmaceutical, and medical devices company currently has an attractive job vacancy available for a Senior Planner to be based in their Selzach office on a contract basis. This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a constrained weekly master production schedule (MPS) and managing the frozen period horizon for all possible production requirements (scheduling, rescheduling, reworks, outsourced work-in-progress inventory) over a 4-24-month horizon. The planner will also be responsible for providing service & inventory input to manufacturing issues and communicate potential impacts to key business partners.
- Responsible for creating a constrained weekly master production schedule (MPS) and ensuring raw material availability.
- Planning and freeze period management of production activities (rescheduling, rework, outsourced work)
- Maintain material inventories within goal, while minimizing excess, obsolete and expired products; develop overall inventory projections for specific products.
- Perform Rough Cut Capacity Planning (RCCP) for resources, shifts, equipment and shutdowns. LSYN_010253 V1.3 07/16/2015 Available in DE/ EN Page 1 of 3
- Establish minimum order quantities (MOQ) and balance against overall equipment efficiency (OEE).
- Plant inventory management and control.
- Vulnerability report ownership & updates.
- Plant Slow Moving & Obsolete (SLOB) management.
- Resolve manufacturing conflicts for site/portfolio as they relate to production planning. Manage impact and communication of manufacturing driven change.
- Lead/support all compliance process activities including change control, deviations, events & non-conformance reports and assess supply impact.
- Provide asset specific input to the end to end supply chain processes and ensure planning master data (safety stock, lead times, etc.) in the ERP system is accurate and up to date.
- Participate in new product launch meetings and new product forecasts as a business partner.
- Execute planning activities during phase-in phase-out programs.
Skills and Requirements:
- 4-year university bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Supply chain certification (APICS/ IBF) desirable
- 7 years related experience
- Experience with ERP & advanced planning systems
- Production planning or manufacturing experience in a medical, pharmaceutical or consumer industry
- Familiarity with relevant legislation (e.g. GMP, ISO requirements) is desirable
- Ability to share knowledge and personal experience with peers. Coach others when appropriate.
- Ability to build strong collaborative relationships, considering diverse perspectives and styles.
- Ability to apply project and personal leadership to successfully achieve project, team and individual goals.
- Ability to target communications as appropriate for the audience and make presentations to a small to medium sized audience.
- Ability to influence others in a matrix environment.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and evaluate/improve processes using continuous improvement LSYN_010253 V1.3 07/16/2015 Available in DE/ EN Page 2 of 3 tools.
- Data mining & reporting skills through MS Excel or equivalent.
- Strong organization skills and an aptitude for planning.
- Accuracy with attention to detail.
- Proactive approach.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions.
- Ability to provide direction to production planning resources.
- Minimum Language required
- English and German: Business fluent
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Alexander Tooulas on +44 203 3193 032 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.