ProClinical is recruiting for a R&D Scientist on behalf of our client, one of the top 10 pharmaceutical companies in the world. The role will be based in Belgium on a 1 year contract, with possibility of extension.
Their Neuroscience department is looking for an enthusiastic associate scientist to support in vivo studies for their drug discovery programs that aim to tackle Tau aggregation and spreading for the treatment of Alzheimer disease. You will operate in a team with in vivo and in vitro scientists. In their laboratories, you will be involved in both in vivo and in vitro aspects of efficacy studies that will be critical for identification of novel drug candidates for the treatment of Alzheimers disease. You will be working in a highly equipped lab environment with special attention for high quality standards & documentation requirements.
- Involved in the daily lab activities of the team.
- Perform experimental work and report to other members of the team.
- Data analysis and writing reports
- Master in Biological/Biochemical Sciences; Industrial ingeneer.
- Experience with small laboratory animals: handling, dosing, health monitoring, data collection. FELASA B accreditation or equivalent is required (or needs to be acquired shortly after having started in this function).
- Familiar with standard in vitro techniques such as ELISA, western blot, cell culture is recommended.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an open minded, pro-active team player.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills.
- Great attention for delivering accurate and high quality results along with good oral and written reporting skills.
- Working fluency in English.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Numhom Sudsok on +44 203 8718 093 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.