ProClinical is recruiting for a Process Development Scientist at one of the largest global pharmaceutical companies in the world at their site in Merseyside, UK. This company is committed to developing high-quality medicine to meet real world problems.
This role is a great opportunity to join a growing group of scientists working on the development and commercialisation of new downstream processes in support of the company's biotechnology and nutritional product pipeline. The role will be predominantly lab based and will require the successful applicant to both drive the development strategy for key molecules and contribute to process development through hands on experimentation.
- Delivering key development goals through hands-on experimentation and demonstration at lab scale.
- Working collaboratively within a team of development scientists to deliver process and productivity improvements for the company's biotech products.
- Developing work plans, regularly communicating progress to key stake-holders and working flexibly to overcome issues and barriers encountered.
- Delivering high quality technical reports to support proposed process improvements.
- Accountability for budgeting and cost control for development activities
- Responsible for ensuring that appropriate risk assessments and safe systems of work are in place and adhered to for all process development activity.
- Developing close alignment to supporting functions, including Manufacturing Operations, Project/Process Engineering and Quality Control Labs to ensure that process improvements can effectively be delivered at manufacturing scale.
Education and Experience:
- Degree or higher degree in a scientific or engineering discipline, preferably with a biotechnology focus
- Experience in the operation of purification technologies at lab or pilot scale e.g. chromatography and tangential flow filtration equipment
- Demonstrated capability of working effectively in a team based environment
- Ability to communicate effectively and build strong working relationships at all levels in the organisation.
- Ability to operate in a cGMP environment and produce technical documentation to high standards.
- Experience in the use of statistical software to design experimental approaches and analyse the data generated
- Knowledge of "Quality by Design" principles
- Knowledge of Health and Safety expectations for the laboratory environment.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Numhom Sudsok on +44 203 8718 093 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.