A large global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas is looking to hire a Senior Analytical Scientist at their office in Weybridge, UK. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work at a top 10 global pharmaceutical company that employs approximately 100,000 people worldwide.
- The Analytical Scientist supports the development of new products by designing formulation experiments and analytical test methods to aid in the development of oral care products.
- Evaluates raw materials and products at all stages of the development process while taking into account scientific and timing objectives.
- Prepares documentation to support product development.
- This individual would have various levels of involvement in development and validation of analytical methods, to support the development and scale-up of conventional and non-conventional solid, semi-solid and other formulations.
- Engaging with various functional teams/departments to ensure the overall delivery of consumer healthcare projects.
- Leads analytical activities of several projects in support of departmental plans. Exercises a wide degree of technical sophistication in accomplishing assigned objectives.
- Designs experiments and carries out scientific work with an awareness of current analytical techniques. Creates product development plans to fit overall project objectives.
- Maintains awareness of scientific literature to assist work progression and understanding.
- Maintains precise accurate experimental records; issues reports at project milestones; writes invention records to protect scientific discoveries.
- Sets and resets priorities to remain focused on objectives in rapidly changing circumstances.
- Ensures all work is conducted in accordance with written procedures (e.g. quality and safety), methods & batch documents, etc.
- Identify, challenge, develop and implement written procedures (e.g. quality and safety), methods & batch documents, etc.
- Always ensures all work is conducted following good scientific practice and where required follows Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Highlights own training needs and working with manager develop a training plan and achieve training goals.
- Trains self and others in new technology and laboratory responsibilities (including coaching, mentoring and elements of personal development).
- Conducts general problem solving or lead problem solving initiatives using formal procedures.
- Specific safety and quality responsibilities for department and site (e.g. GMP, Audits, Health & Safety).
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the technical transfer of methods or processes.
- Degree or equivalent within Chemical, Pharmaceutical or related science
- Several years working experience within a science related company
- Knowledge of R&D processes and associated commercial environment.
- Clear communicator in both oral and written form with both internal departments and external organisations.
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work effectively in teams, and multitask.
- An ability to organise and report study data from internal and external sources.
- Basic understanding of statistics and its application to experimental work.
- Familiarity with-formulation development with consumer healthcare products, cosmetics or medical devices
- Good working knowledge of analytical techniques such as Ion Chromatography, HPLC and other conventional analytical techniques.
- Experience in developing and validating analytical methodology to support formulation development, aligned to QbD principles and ICH guidelines
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Numhom Sudsok on +44 203 8718 093 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.