My client, a global research-led biopharmaceutical company, who focuses on the discovery and development of novel biological entities (mAbs) and Biosimilars, is based in Switzerland and is looking for a Principal Scientist, Cell Line Development to join the R&D group.
This role will serve as a point of contact for mammalian cell biotechnology with project management responsibilities.
- Develop high-yield cell lines for expression of therapeutic antibodies including the company's bispecific antibody platform - and difficult to express proteins (DET).
- Oversee upstream process development using micro-scale (ambr) and small-scale models (5L benchtop bioreactor).
- Streamline and further optimization of current cell line development process.
- Further optimization of the company's oedium and feed platform (product quality attributes/yield).
- Manage and lead a team of scientists and technicians, including development, education, coaching, training, yearly appraisals and follow-up, with continuous focus on improving the working processes.
- Represent the cell development function in CMC project meetings.
- Present scientific results at conferences (publications are encouraged).
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following minimum criteria:
- PhD in cell biology, biotechnology or related discipline
- Demonstrated experience (at least 3 years) and established track record in development of high-yield stable cell lines (ideally CHO)
- Good knowledge in DoE (Design of Experiment)
- Good knowledge in early process development and QbD (Quality by design) is a plus
- Excellent understanding of structure/function relationship of mAbs
- Excellent understanding of cellular metabolism
- Excellent communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal; French is a plus
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nisha Patel on +44 203 861 8210 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.