We having an exciting opportunity with one of the UKs most renowned organisations, who are working on cutting edge research in the Oncology field. The actively collaborate with various institutes, academics and Pharmaceutical companies to carry out exceptional translational and clinical research programmes.
My client is looking for an experienced and innovative Medicinal Chemist to join a multidisciplinary team, to make a strategic impact on novel cancer therapeutic delivery.
As well as providing internal and external scientific leadership to drive programmes to key mile stones, you will also be tasked with the development and management of the chemistry team.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Provide broad, expert medicinal chemistry knowledge to drive projects forward, based on a track record of delivery in small molecule drug discovery and possession of wide-ranging experience of medicinal chemistry.
- Maintain a strong and interactive lab presence.
- Build and foster an expansive network of national and international collaborators and contacts, across the organisation, academia and industry to deliver additional value to the group.
- Manage, influence and drive projects across the DDU portfolio.
- Demonstrable ability to independently deliver on key strategic themes across the team.
- Drive improvements across the DDU working environment and infrastructure.
- Lead and ensure on-time delivery of review and other required documentation, patents and publication.
- Represent the group at significant external meetings.
- Be accountable for upholding and enforcing business and safety roles and safe working culture.
- Communicate decisions clearly to the team and ensure delivery.
- Be accountable for the delivery of key documents such as publications, patents and review documentation.
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Head of Chemistry which are commensurate with the level of the role.
Qualities our client is looking for:
- Demonstrate strong decision making ability, proactivity, initiative-taking and a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Independently deliver complex projects.
- To meet objectives within pre-determined timescales.
- Proactive, can-do initiative taker.
- Be a team player.
- To strive to accomplish high quality of work.
If you think this is the exciting opportunity you have been looking for, to really make a difference by making a positive contribution, then get in touch with Nisha Patel today, on +44 0 203 861 8210.