ProClinical is recruiting for a new, permanent position opening as a Project Manager of drug development in Princeton, New Jersey. The best applicant will manage clinical development projects, an help to ensure that projects are delivered on time and on budget. Additional responsibilities include providing cross-organizational support to accomplish annual business plan goals.
- Establish timelines and project plans for clinical studies, regulatory submissions and tasks/projects in conjunction with functions and DTL.
- Ensure all project sub-teams establish plans that are aligned with strategy provided by DTL and the Clinical Development Plan.
- Manage projects across all stages of clinical development (initiation, planning, execution, monitoring & control, closing).
- Create and maintain project documents such as Project Charter, Risk/Issue logs, Communication plan, and team minutes. Ensure timely update of project documents and communicates updates to team members.
- Track completion of project tasks and deliverables and follows up on items as needed with individuals across the company to ensure timely completion of project plan.
- Responsible for assuring timelines accurately reflect project status and addresses the impact of any variances on overall company goals and allocation of resources.
- Communicate status of project to team members, management and leadership effectively and efficiently. Assists with DTL communication
- Facilitate development of clinical study budgets, monitor budget against milestones, identify issues that may affect budgets, helps communicate budget status to leadership.
- Identify resources and information project teams require to achieve team business and project objectives.
- Contribute to Project Management Department function objectives, tasks and goals.
- Support organizations activities of planning department such as resource management, capacity planning, process improvement and communication.
- Establish and track key quality and efficiency metrics for clinical studies and other projects as required.
- Facilitate cross-organizational processes, including publication planning, budget reviews, creation of management reports and development of dashboards.
- Lead problem-solving with an enterprise-wide perspective: facilitating teams to identify issues and propose solutions regarding the efficient, timely and compliant execution of project plans.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelors with scientific focus, Project Management certification preferred.
- Knowledge of US and European clinical development regulations preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry including at least 2 years in a project management role.
- In-depth understanding of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Expansive technical knowledge.
- Project management background and experience.
- Recognizes problems or situations that are new and without clear precedent. Evaluates alternatives and solutions.
- Ability to work independently with strong organizational, prioritization and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously on time and on budget.
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal, collaborative and communicative skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Understands role to escalate issues to upper management to resolve when needed.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matt Tong at (+1) 646 878 6308 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.