ProClinical has a permanent opening for an independent scientist who demonstrates innovative technical knowledge and significantly contributes to the overall operations of our Virology Department. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, and will actively contribute to training via generation of reports and documentation. Candidates should also perform and direct assays, according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practice (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The applicant should also act as Study Director as required.
- Demonstrates scientific technical expertise.
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication.
- Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting.
- Conducts and directs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
- As assigned by Management, acts as Study Director for specific assays and assumes all associated responsibilities.
- Trains new personnel in lab procedures.
- Effectively interacts with clients as required.
- Schedules lab work.
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities.
- Prepares and revises technical documents and reports.
- Reports date changes for testing and other pertinent information to clients via Project Management Department.
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in Biological Sciences or other science-related major.
- 2+ years of laboratory experience.
- Excellent interpretive and analytical skills.
- Experience with aseptic technique, mammalian cell culture.
- Experience with various types of viruses.
- Specialized training in laboratory techniques used in assigned laboratory.
- Knowledge of virus production and purification processes strongly preferred.
- Experience working with gene or gene-mediated therapies preferred.
- Knowledge of GLP and cGMP guidelines preferred.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mary Jacobs at (+1) 267 477 4800 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.