ProClinical is seeking a Associate Scientist, metabolism, for a leading CRO laboratory that specialises in providing bioanalytical and metabolism services to the pharmaceutical, biotech, and agrochemical industries. This is a contract Associate Scientist role based in Princeton, NJ.
- With minimal supervision after training, individual performs routine laboratory techniques (e.g. biological sample processing, HPLC analysis, in vitro metabolism incubations and assays, radiolabel isotope 14 C and 3 H handling.)
- Receive specific instructions on assigned task and expected results.
- Maintain research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Perform routine calculations, tabulate and record results.
- Prepare standard solutions used in the laboratory.
- Prepare accurate data summary with minimal supervision.
- Operate, maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Assume responsibility for technical accuracy of work.
- Learn and enhance technical knowledge of pharmaceutical areas, metabolism chemistry, and/or environmental.
- Comply with all safety rules, practice good housekeeping, and maintain safe workplace without supervision.
- Understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and EPA, FDA, or other regulation pertaining to the study.
- Promote implementation and compliance with safety policies, practices, and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment and minimize or eliminate injury.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry, or a related discipline
- 0-2 years of relevant experience, or equivalent
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Ability to perform preliminary lab work independently after training
- Ability to follow instructions to perform required procedures
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within biological or chemical R&D laboratory setting
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Good time management skill in order to perform of multiple projects within deadlines
- Ability to effectively prioritize workload and manage changes in direction
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Familiarity with and adherence to regulatory guidelines consistent with requirements
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Hannah Cihlar on +1 267 983 0133 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.