ProClinical recruitment has an exciting contracted position for a Biology Research Associate open, based in San Mateo, CA.
- The position requires that the workday begins at 8 AM, to ensure adequate support of the downstream assays.
- Perform experiments (under supervision) that support research activities in the Biology job family.
- Plan and schedule experiments consistent with the timeline and objectives of an ongoing Research Project. (Project lifetimes are greater than 3 months.)
- Operate scientific equipment, selects appropriate methods and techniques to perform experiments, analyzes data, and prepares related reports.
- Plans and organizes details of experiments.
- Use data, reports and previous results to identify inappropriate variances and concerns. Participate in group meetings. Presents data or prepares data for others to present.
- Work with immediate supervisor on problems of moderate complexity.
- Responsible for maintaining mammalian cell culture and plating cells for downstream biological studies.
Skills And Qualifications
- Entry level; good for recent graduates (BA preferred).
- Mammalian Cell Culture experience preferred.
- Electronic Notebook to record results preferred.
- Prior experience with mammalian tissue culture preferred.
- The candidate must have good communication and interpersonal skills, and can work effectively in a team environment.