Our client, a leading centre of excellence in biologics development, is currently seeking to hire a Senior Analytical Scientist Molecular Biology.
The incumbent of this role as the Senior Analytical Scientist is to provide scientific leadership and support across a range of projects to help develop and validate innovate approaches for cell characterisation which can be used to support cell therapy development.
- Work closely with the Lead Analytical Development Scientist and the Head of Analytical Development to ensure the successful delivery of project outputs to schedule and budget.
- Initial drafting of project development plans detailing analytical work flow for clients and collaborators
- Ensuring that analytical research is carried out in accordance with agreed research plans
- Leading the research carried out by the analytical development scientists assigned to their projects
- Ensuring that all data analysis carried out is appropriate and accurate and that all analysis is stored and disseminated in an applicable format
- Ensuring that design, qualification and validation of analytical assays is performed in compliance with appropriate guidelines and/or regulations
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD/MSc with industrial experience within a cell therapy or appropriate Life Science environment
- Extensive experience in RT-qPCR including assay design, development and optimisation and PCR quantification using data analysis packages and/or software tools
- Experience of PCR assay validation and the production of validation reports
- Experience of cell characterisation using omics tools
- Experience in large data sets analysis e.g. microarray or NGS
- Experience of methods for absolute quantification of targets such as digital PCR
- Experience of low level DNA/RNA detection (i.e. circulating free nucleic acids)
- Experience of assay technology transfer into or out-of a research laboratory
- Experience of cell culture within a range of cell types
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Chidozie Orji on +44 207 4400 671 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.