Our client, a leading clinical stage Biotech focusing on enhanced T-Cell therapies, is currently seeking to hire a Senior Molecular Biologist (Vector Development). This is a permanent role based in the UK.
This Senior Molecular Biologist role will improve the existing lentiviral vector system production yield by modifying the plasmids and optimizing the plasmid ratio for lentiviral vector production and also propose new ideas to improve the whole design. This Molecular Biologist postition will also develop and optimise supporting assays for vector characterisation and regulatory submissions.
- Modification of LV plasmids and perform verification check for LV production efficiency and related plasmid ratio optimisation
- To develop and optimise supporting assays for vector characterisation and regulatory submissions
- To generate master stock of new plasmids and associated verification
- Verification of new TCR transgene plasmids by double strand whole plasmid sequencing
- To evaluate better alternative lentiviral and related viral vector system
Education and Experience:
- PhD in relevant area or a very experienced molecular biologist who can work independently
- Experience in cell culture and viral vector production preferably lentiviral vector production.
- Sound experience of molecular biology techniques including gene cloning, plasmid production, isolation and purification of DNA/RNA, agarose gel electrophoresis, real time-PCR and sequencing data analysis.
- Mammalian cell line culture experience especially in culturing HEK293T cells.
- Experience in performing plasmid DNA transfection to mammalian cell lines.
- Experience in measuring cell viability using viability dye and/or microscopy.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Chidozie Orjion +44 207 4400 671 1327 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.