Our client, a global leader in genomics, DNA sequencing and array-based technologies, is current seeking to hire a Research Scientist-Product Development on an initial 12-month contract basis.
This is a unique opportunity to join a talented team of scientists developing groundbreaking sequencing technologies that are transforming healthcare and basic research.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Participate in development projects for DNA sequencers, designing and testing new reagents and assays in an effort to improve sequencing accuracy & throughput, system robustness, performance and cost.
- Design experiments, implement, analyse and present results.
- Optimise and simplify assay conditions to achieve commercial levels of stability, robustness and performance.
- Solve complex developmental challenges and troubleshoot technical issues within sequencing workflows.
- Presentation of results to colleagues.
- Document plans, processes and results, in accordance with product development processes and appropriate quality system regulations.
- Build strong working relationships across sites and functional areas
- Be both a strong individual contributor as well as a collaborative team member across sites and functional areas
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of a degree in a molecular biology, biochemistry or biological sciences. PhD preferred.
- Experience in commercial product development, preferably in the molecular diagnostics or biochemistry area.
- Strong background in biochemistry and molecular biology methods with a sound understanding of assay development requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills of complex issues, to rigorously report and document technical progress, plans and results.
- Able to work effectively under pressure to meet scheduled deadlines and handle multiple activities simultaneously.
- Strong data analysis skills, with the ability to interpret and draw conclusions from large amounts of complex data.
- Experience with transfer of new products and processes to manufacturing and/or QC desired.
- Highly motivated, detailed individual with the proven ability to think innovatively toward solving problems effectively and efficiently
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Chidozie Orji on +44 207 4400 671 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.