Our client, a leading biologics drug discovery biotech, is currently seeking to hire a Downstream Protein Purification Scientist on a permanent basis.
This Downstream Protein Purification Scientist role will be involved in the support of in-house purification of antibodies and other proteins to aid antibody drug discovery.
- Purification of expressed proteins from mammalian cell culture supernatants
- Process optimisation and defining of purification conditions for more challenging molecular entities
- Innovative thinking for optimising work flow, method development and output
- Biophysical QC of above materials (SEC, SDS-PAGE, Western etc.)
Education, Skills and Experience:
- PhD qualified or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Experienced in Protein A and other affinity chromatography
- Experience in running HPLC equipment and data interpretation
- Excellent grounding in other purification techniques, IEX, SEC etc.
- Very experienced in using AKTA FPLC's purification systems and familiarity with using and programming Unicorn software
- Able to design and optimise multistep purifications including challenging molecular entities and multi-litre scale
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Chidozie Orji on +44 207 4400 671 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.