ProClinical is seeking a motivated clinical laboratory technical specialist with a strong hands-on background with Western blotting, PCR and biomarker analysis for a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of unique RNA-targeted therapeutics for the treatment of rare neuromuscular diseases. The qualified candidate will be capable of quickly becoming a high-functioning team member with substantial hands-on effort in day-to-day GCP/GLP analysis of tissue from clinical trials. This person may also participate in development, GCP/GLP qualification, and validation of biomarker assays to support clinical trials and clinical development decision-making.
- Plan and conduct GCP/GLP clinical study sample analysis under the direction of Senior Scientists using a variety of assay formats such as Western blot and PCR.
- Develop and support laboratory data analysis, visualization using Windows, Linux, Python, VM machines
- Perform bioinformatics analysis
- Participate in the discovery, development and validation of fit-for-purpose clinical biomarkers and pharmacodynamics assays for one or more clinical stage programs
- Write and review SOPs, technical reports, publications
- Ensure compliance with GCP guidelines
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Biochemistry, Immunology, Cell Biology or related field and 3-5+ years hands-on laboratory bench experience in biotech setting
- Ability to execute sample handling and analysis with strict adherence to laboratory methods and SOPs
- Demonstrated experience in protein characterization by quantitative Western blots
- Proficient in cell culture, cell and tissue homogenization, protein quantitation, SDS-PAGE, PCR, Next-Gen sequencing platforms and gene expression analysis.
- Track record of solid teamwork and collaboration
- Proficient with statistical and computer productivity software (i.e. Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficient at laboratory data analysis, visualization using Windows, Linux, Python, VM machines, bioinformatics applications
- Direct experience with GCP/GLP assay development, qualification, troubleshooting complex laboratory processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment and to make a difference in the lives of people through our innovative medicines
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Andrew Shen on+1 646 367 1089 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.