A multinational commodity trading and mining company is working with ProClinical to find a Health & Safety & Environment Manager. This HSE Manager is part of the Assets Department which consists of 6 people in Rotterdam, with a focus on our business in EU and FSU. The HSE Manager is a key player in leading the development, implementation and evaluation of the HSE vision, strategy, policies and procedures within EU/FSU.
- Integrate an HSE culture and values throughout the organisation;
- Facilitate HSE processes and way of working to be embedded in all elements of EU/FSU business practices and considerations;
- Develop and maintain HSE policy, and circulate updates as required to the business;
- Provide professional advice in all areas of Health, Safety and Environmental management;
- Provide Resource management and planning for HSE employees;
- Support and coach the HSEC leads within the EU/FSU and local teams in developing proper process safety systems
- Implement a comprehensive HSE Management System with industry leading practices according to the strategic objectives;
- Roll out and maintain the SafeAgri program: a H&S program to develop leadership and standards to identify, control of and assurance on Catastrophic and Fatal Hazards;
- Implement regular compliance audits and workplace inspections to identify, assess and eliminate operational risks and verify effective management of SafeAgri at the assets;
- Develop and meet the budget for HSE management;
- Respond promptly and compassionately to injured employees through early intervention programs and provide employees with equitable claims management and effective rehabilitation programs;
- Where appropriate, assess and manage adverse effects of all activities involving pre-procurement evaluation, hazard recognition and control, ongoing maintenance and repair of plant and equipment and responsible decommissioning practices;
- Ensure EU/FSU assets are compliant with local fire prevention measures.
- Evaluate environmental aspects of our business to provide products and services, that have no undue impact, are safe for use, energy efficient and can be recycled, re-used or disposed of safely and to encourage the safe use, transportation, storage and disposal of products by our customers;
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Environmental Management System which meets policies, standards and programs and aims to exceed legislative compliance and licence requirements and local certification;
- Ensure EU/FSU assets are compliant with requirements for environmental monitoring with testing equipment.
Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant qualifications and/or equivalent skills and knowledge in Health & Safety and Environment Management
- Managerial experience and demonstrated strong leadership skills, including the ability to ensure compliance with legislation, standards, directives, policies and procedures
- Being fluent in the English language (corporate language) is a must, and a good understanding of any other language preferably Dutch/German/Spanish is considered a great asset;
- The ability to lead and manage change in an environment of continuous improvement and to be the principal change agent to ensure the achievement of best practice management systems in HSE
- Technical specialist and social/business generalist combined in one;
- Experience at operational levels of a relevant asset based organisation is advantageous
- Thinking and acting as an owner, taking responsibility and feeling at home in a multicultural and diverse organization;
- Strong planning, organizational and communicative skills;
- Team player with an independent and flexible work attitude, ready to adapt to international practices and willing to travel for work when necessary;
- Efficient and well organized as well as a strong ability in using IT applications;
- Adopts an appropriate attitude to the needs of business relations, has the ability to view issues from a different perspective and inspire external relations with confidence in the organization;
- A wide-ranging and very challenging position with prospects in a healthy and growing organization;
- Many opportunities for exercising your own initiative;
- The potential to develop further in your specialty within an international group, and to progress further subject to evidence of suitability;
- Stimulating environment in which enthusiastic colleagues work together in a practical and informal way
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sayf Jabbar on +44 203 8281 920 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.