An attractive job opportunity has arisen at a leading multinational pharmaceutical company who is seeking a Validation Coordinator to work at their UK site in West Sussex. The company employs 100,000 personnel across 150 countries, working across multiple therapy areas including cardiovascular, oncology, and respiratory. This is a 12 month contract role with the possibility of an extension.
As a process chemist, the successful candidate will work within the Technical function, primarily supporting production and process improvement activities. This would involve working as a member of a cross-functional team to support primary manufacturing processes including day to day problem solving, development of corrective and preventative actions and seeking opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Custodian (product owner or process contact) of a chemistry process and provide a point of focus for all functions on site relating to that product.
- Supporting the quality function to enable informed decision making on non routine matters.
- Supporting the EHS function to enable good practice and compliance with legislation
- Supporting capital engineering projects to ensure adequate design and commissioning of new plant and processes.
- Applicants should have a degree in chemistry or related field with several years relevant experience preferred.
- The candidate should have a sound understanding of chemistry with technical knowledge depth/breadth in process chemistry and process development alongside an analytical ability to diagnose situations and develop solutions.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate good communication skills and the ability to interact with and influence individuals at all levels in the business. In addition to this, the candidate will be able to operate as part of a team and collaborate effectively across all functions.
- Preferably a graduate or postgraduate qualification in chemistry and/or a demonstrated track record in the pharmaceutical industry in a scientific role.
- Experience in plant operations, process commissioning, validation and statistical applications.
- Demonstrated problem solving and understanding processes thoroughly by applying fundamental scientific and continuous improvement principles.
- Leadership skills in particular in influencing others, foster enthusiasm and teamwork
- Excellent written, verbal communication skills and positive interpersonal skills
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nick Bansal on +44 203 7520 309 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.