ProClinical is working with a global Medical Device company based in United Kingdom who are looking to add to an existing R&D department. Our client has focus on designing medical devices that are distributed across the world. It is 12 months of contract
- Responsible for the commercialization and delivery of products to the Orthopaedic market that Positions the company as a leader in the industry.
- Works to establish a competitive advantage for all new product introduction programs and projects that are part of an overall product portfolio.
- Uses leadership skills to ensure that cross functional resources are assigned and held accountable for task and outcome completion.
- Ensures that products are launched on time and meet established goals and objectives that support the financial and competitive goals of the organization.
- Under general supervision, makes decisions affecting project budgets, assignment/alignment of resources, project execution and surgeon/customer relations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field or equivalent experience in medical device field. Graduate degree a plus
- 3-5 years product development experience as an individual contributor in the medical devices or related field. Orthopaedic implant, instrument and technology design experience preferred.
- Compliance with/awareness of Trade secrets, product development initiatives, marketing plans, sales numbers, company strategies and overall business plans and objectives.
- May Present at National Sales Meetings, ORS/AAOS and other professional meetings
- Perform all job duties in full accordance with the Worldwide Policies on Information Asset Protection, maintain password(s) as Confidential, and protect Critical Business Information.
- Care Compliance Program and Code of Conduct.
- Manages projects within portfolio and makes commitments to meet specific business goals and objectives.
- Manages and tracks project budget with components that include human resources, prototypes, suppliers, and general expenses to meet established return on investments per project.
- Provides competitive and business analysis to Global Program Director and Program managers the is relayed to the WW Business Team to aid in developing the program and project strategies.
- Actively addresses offensive and defensive infringement and patent protection as it applies to projects.
- Actively involved with design surgeons and customers aligned with new product development project.
- Ensures cross-functional resources are aligned and assigned to tasks and deliverables that are part of the program management and project plan.
- Uses interdependent partnering for developing relationships for appropriate regulatory, marketing, clinical, testing, manufacturing and prototyping resources and support.
- Applies the PACE process, Stage Gates and use of Design Excellence tools as part of the commercialization process.
- Establishes and manages timelines, milestones, tasks and deliverables as part of project planning.
- Identifies risk and contingency plans as part of the project management role.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Ivan Gitardi on +44 203 0789 551 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.