ProClinical is Currently seeking a Product Engineer, for a global leader in medical technology, to join their Process Development Department focused on designing and developing cutting edge equipment and processes for medical devices in the Cardiac & Vascular Group. The Product Engineer role will be directly involved in the development of innovative processes and products to deliver products for use in medical procedures.
- Contribute to and partner with PDP functions to define, execute and deliver on NPD requirements.
- Responsible for the development & optimization of new manufacturing concepts and technologies.
- Provide solutions to complex technical problems associated with processes and equipment using problem solving techniques and methodologies.
- Lead process innovation with emphasis on improving quality, reducing process variation, reducing cycle time and cost down initiatives.
- Participate in or lead Equipment and Process Development, Process Characterization and Process Qualification to support new product introduction.
- Actively participate in new product development teams with specific responsibility for developing robust and capable processes, ensuring R&D and Operations needs and targets are incorporated into the plans and activities.
- Recommend design modifications and implement process changes early in the design phase as part of this.
- Design, develop and progress a process from concept phase into commercialization phase and actively participate in best continuous improvement initiatives within Process Development.
- Utilize functional excellence in process development including DRM, MOS, COS, Six Sigma, Lean, Process Characterization, transfer and scale-up to commercial manufacturing.
- Identify and mitigate technological risks throughout the PDP process.
Skills and Requirements:
- Qualified person to Third Level Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline and desirably with 3 years’ relevant work experience.
- Dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced with an understanding of the product and process development process and requirements.
- Good organizational, presentation and project management skills are desirable.
- Good communicator at all levels and with all functions in the organization and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Ivan Gitardi on +44 203 0789 551 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.