A Vice President Medical Director job position has opened at an international contract research organisation providing drug discovery, lifecycle management and laboratory services. With offices in over 45 countries and approximately 13,000 professionals, this company provides innovative ideas behind multiple sectors. This position will be based in the UK. This Neuroscience leadership role requires proven abilities to drive both strategic innovation and measurable business outcomes. The incumbent's track record of therapeutic expertise will be extensive and ensure recognition of the incumbent as a peer of their Pharmaceutical Industry equivalents.
- Development strategy and regulatory issues
- Drug class issues
- Protocol and indication considerations, including safety
- Team education on indication
- Interactions with client physicians and/or client Therapeutic Area (TA) Head prior to or during the bid defence
- Pro-active client engagement: peer-to-peer interaction with TA Heads and Senior Medical Directors of companies whose product portfolio contains drugs
- Strategic alliance development & support
- Client governance or advisory boards
- Provide industry gold standard product development plans, and top level design of clinical trial protocols that are required in the plan
- Identifying strategic client opportunities
- Client pipeline analysis
- Identifying drug product opportunities
- Partner with business development to implement specific strategies to grow therapeutic area book of business
- Evaluating and integrating company’s service offerings
- Phase 1 first in human testing capabilities
- Clinical trial operations expertise
- Regulatory intelligence expertise
- Laboratory capabilities (including biomarkers)
- Imaging capabilities
- Post-approval studies and outcomes expertise
- Special services - i.e. DSMB management, ARO partnership
- Indication-specific training for clinical teams
- Guidance during clinical trial execution
- Clinical data review and evaluation
- Investigator brochure, clinical study report, NDA/MAA document, and regulatory briefing documents review and editing
- Contribute to design and reporting of feasibility studies
- Liaise with investigators and KOLs
- Mentor and supervise TA clinical scientists
Skills and Requirements:
- For Executive Medical Director/VP > 15 years industry experience with 5-7 years leadership position and clinical lead for at least two NDA/BLA's or equivalents, preferably both filed and approved
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to communicate and influence in both face-to-face and virtual environments
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Yannick Dada at [click here] or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.