ProClinical is currently seeking a Medical Officer for a globally renowned food company. This Medical Officer position will be based in Paris for this permanent role.
Under the supervision of the Clinical Affairs Director, your role will be to monitor all medical aspects of our clinical studies portfolio and to contribute building the clinical research program allowing to develop solutions or products that can impact through food (product or/and incitation for a behaviour change) the well-being and metabolic health of Human.
You will provide essential medical leadership, system oversight, coordination of medical guideline development, identification and implementation of best practices system quality improvement, and research. You will ensure that optimal care is delivered at all times.
You will also help demonstrating mechanisms of action of products and solutions at the development stages and their impact on health. You will work transversally with various R&D teams, like, for instance, those modelling risk factors and eating/dietary behaviour.
With your practical expertise of running clinical studies and frequent contact with patients, you will ensure the optimal design and conduct of our clinical studies, including the medical monitoring and reviewing. Your scientific expertise in metabolic health will be a plus in order to raise awareness of internal and external collaborators about this major public health issue. You will strengthen the reputation of the company towards the scientific, clinical and medical communities with strong demonstrations, publications & reports and by attending conferences. You will build and maintain a network of KOL and experts.
You will also conduct a state of the art on all innovative approaches in the field, in order to propose and evaluate new programs, in interaction with the business, marketing and global scientific strategy of the company.
Skills and Requirements:
- You hold a current Medical Degree (MD) and preferably a PhD with a background in metabolism (endocrinology, cardiovascular, diabetes, obesity, nutrition, chronic diseases ...), allowing you to know the scientific and clinical ecosystems in this area.
- You worked as a practicing physician and pay attention to the well-being of patients in the definition of protocols.
- An industrial experience and/or an understanding of business stakes would be a plus.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in translational and clinical projects, which helped you develop your expertise in clinical and epidemiological research, in the choice of markers (biomarkers, imaging and behavioural) and in the design and monitoring of clinical protocols.
- An international experience would be a real advantage.
- Autonomous and bold, you can make and undertake your decisions.
- Intellectually agile and responsive, you are known as a pragmatic person.
- Your pedagogy, your communication skills and your team spirit allow you to unite around your ideas.
- Your ability to listen and analyse, your flexibility and open mind help you manage change within a matrix organization.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Yannick Dada on +44 203 854 0103 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.