ProClinical have a new vacancy at a pharmaceutical company working in research and development of highly effective and innovative medications. This job vacancy is for a Senior Medical Manager, Ophthalmology, to join their team at their Singapore offices. The company is one of the industry's most well-known brands and specialises in R&D in 3 major areas; respiratory, oncology and inflammation.
- Reporting to the Medical Director for Specialty Care and working closely with Regional Ophthalmology Marketing, this role will be responsible for ensuring the KOL and educational activities are of a high scientific quality and coordinated to meet corporate objectives
- Ensure development and implementation of the regional medical affairs strategy and plan aligned to commercial growth drivers, including responsibility for regional budget allocation and monitoring
- Review and critically appraise clinical and scientific literature and to identify key drivers that differentiate Ophthalmology/Respiratory products and provide support and advice to marketing groups in developing strategy and tactical implementation plans.
- Contribute to the development of and maintain awareness of the competitive landscape and communicate intelligence to the marketing team as appropriate
- Identify and develop a network of international and regional speakers for national/international congresses and workshops to spread and enhance scientific exchange
- Support creation of training material and other scientific materials in collaboration with marketing and other appropriate internal stakeholders
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of Ophthalmology and related clinical and scientific literature to position him/herself as an expert in the field, to best collaborate with business counterpart
- Ensure execution and adaptation of the regional medical affairs strategy in IAC through close collaboration and alignment with the country medical affairs Oncology, Pain and Rheumatology teams
- Maintain a publication plan covering regional data generation. Support communication of product data by development of post launch publications on a National level based on peer reviewed publications and/or round table, symposium and meeting outcomes
- Facilitate and support publication of customer initiated data or reviews in line with brand strategy
- Work with regional marketing colleagues and selected KOLs in strategic advisory activities
- Support development of the company’s regional positioning as the scientific authority on oncology and rheumatology and support national KOL advocacy through provision of scientific and clinical information
- Develop value added high quality customer engagement activities (meet the expert panel discussions, standalone symposia, CME etc) for peer led scientific exchange
- Deliver clinical presentations relating to portfolio and its development or differentiation as required
- Attend appropriate scientific congresses to stay abreast of developments and to support global and regional KOL activities
- Ensure all internal /external interactions strictly adhere to the company’s promotional code and or country specific promotional guidance.
Skills and Requirements:
- Medical degree with Clinical experience; PhD or higher science degree with notable scientific achievement with prior experience in Clinical Ophthalmology
- In-depth medical affairs experiences in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience of working in a regional medical affairs role in Asia Pacific
- Good understanding of healthcare systems in Asia Pacific and the needs of payors
- Experience in designing and running Phase IV studies and lifecycle management
- Experience in establishing strong influential relationships with academic societies
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Vincent Ng on +65 6499 7148 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.