ProClinical is currently seeking a Country Medical Lead for a global biotech company that specialise in rare diseases. This role is a permanent position based in Shanghai, China.
- Supporting development and implementation of Country Medical Brand Plans in focus disease areas
- Systematically leading identification of the scientific exchange needs of Key Opinion Leaders, investigators and other stakeholders in patient care, establishing strong professional relationships and providing credible scientific expertise
- Leading the design and implementation of best-in-class scientific programs with external KOLs, investigators and Global Medical Affairs and Global Clinical partners
- Responding effectively to requests for scientific exchange
- Supporting local team disease area and product knowledge through scientific training
- Maintaining personal and medical team expertise in relevant disease areas and Medical best practices
- Collaborate with Country Medical Head and Global Medical Team to provide country input into Global Medical Brand Plans and translate Global Medical Strategy to in-year Country activity plans
- Define specific medical programs and activities (e.g. medical meetings, disease state education, advisory boards) and associated resource
- Develop and maintain "peer-to-peer" scientific relationships with key thought leaders in healthcare, academia and government organizations per KOL plans and as requested by KOLs, including the management of strategic scientific partnerships and scientific exchange
- Facilitate 1:1 and group scientific interactions with healthcare professionals
- Serve as company presence at external meetings including scientific symposia and cooperative group meetings.
- Participate in country-level KOL planning
- Maintain KOL plans and timely, accurately and compliantly update medical customer relationship management system
Skills and Requirements:
- A medical degree (MD, PharmD or PhD or equivalent is required)
- >3 years of experience in biopharmaceutical medicine in Medical Affairs or Clinical Research is required
- Experience designing and leading clinical or research studies is preferred
- Experience in medical affairs is preferred
- Experience in customer-facing roles is preferred
- Experience in the assigned disease areas is preferred
- Focus on personal accountability and ownership - constantly challenging oneself to take responsibility for continuous performance improvement and operational excellence; highly reliable and predictable for colleagues and customers
- Establishes highly credible relationships and has personal impact through engaging respectfully and professionally
- Able to expertly exchange scientific ideas and information openly and effectively with key opinion leaders and with colleagues
- Able to skilfully manage challenging conversations and handle objections
- Focused on customer and patient needs
- Able to effectively lead and participate in multidisciplinary and virtual teams § Effective listening skills
- Ability to partner and collaborate appropriately with Commercial functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Vincent Ng on +65 6499 7148 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.