ProClinical is seeking a (Senior) Medical Affairs Manager with significant experience in neuroscience, preferably in Neurology for a leading pharmaceutical company based in London on a permanent basis. This Medical Affairs Manager will provide comprehensive medical, scientific and market access support to the company's Neurology portfolio in the EMEA territory, with primary focus on the epilepsy portfolio. EMEA has a very strong presence in epilepsy with several products on different levels of development and commercialisation. The candidate should preferably be an MD, specialised in Neurology or another neuroscience specialty. The candidate should also have significant experience from pharmaceutical industry, preferably from Medical Affairs. It is wished that the candidate is an ABPI final signatory.
- Develop a medical strategy in order to support the field strategies and activities within sleep.
- Support the team in the continued development of medical strategy form epilepsy
- Deliver plan for regional medical activities
- Deliver plan for differentiating data
- Support global medical strategy development and global medical studies and publications
- Collaboration with Global Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Close collaboration with Head of MA, to maximise market access, pricing & reimbursement in local operating companies
- Provide active support for local market access activities including stakeholder management, submission development and related projects.
- Provide medical leadership and content at the main international congresses and symposia including abstract submissions, posters and presentations.
- Represent the company at key relevant meetings with collaborative groups, patient advocacy organizations, etc.
- Identification and development of global Key Opinion Leader strategy as well as rising stars.
- Support global and regional Advisory Boards.
- Reporting to the Head, EMEA Medial Affairs.
- Close interaction with commercial colleagues, Europe, Global Teams and matrix working with regulatory, safety, clinical, manufacturing, public relations and legal departments across the EMEA.
- Forging effective working relations with European Affiliates.
- Forging effective working relations with Global Value Maximisation System (EVMS) department.
Skills and Requirements:
- Preferably M.D, with specialization in Neurology or another Neuroscience specialty.
- Pharm D (or equivalent) with Neuroscience experience can also be considered
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry (either medical affairs or clinical trials/operations).
- Must have good experience in a medical affairs environment.
- Must have good experience in specialist care
- Clinical/medical experience from the neurology area - sleep experience is a merit
- Previous HTA experience desirable.
- Exposure to clinical trial design and implementation.
- Exposure to clinical data critique and analysis.
- Good critical appraisal skills of data and trials.
- Attention to detail.
- Clear presentation skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good people skills/influencing skills.
- Confident and assertive in dealings with agencies / Key Opinion Leaders / internal stakeholders.
- Being able to recognize when to be supportive/when to be assertive / challenging.
- Organised/Project management skills.
- Team player.
- Effective time manager and multi-tasker.
- Willing to travel.
- Ability to build and leverage internal and external networks.
- Ability to work across cultures.
- Ability to deliver commercial solutions that are fully compliant.
- Problem solving/thinking outside the box/can do attitude.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 8246 104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.