ProClinical is seeking a Head of Medical Affairs - Oncology for a global, innovative pharmaceutical company that is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical products. Based in Denmark, the Head of Oncology Medical Affairs - Northern Europe's primary role is the leadership, management, and accountability of the oncology Medical Management and Medical Science Liaisons (MSLs) team in Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway, Ireland, UK and The Netherlands. He/she will ensure the implementation of the regional oncology medical affairs strategy(s) to support the business plan and conduct all relevant medical affairs activities within the proper compliance law, ethical standards and company procedures.
- Recruit, develop and lead a team of Medical Science Liaison Manager (MSL) and Medical Manager/Advisor in line with company strategies, procedures and specifications, in order to enhance individual/team performance and team spirit
- Develop and support a network of key opinion leaders and key decision makers in hospitals and assure appropriate follow-up in order to enhance visibility of the company and realize product acceptance and use; influence KOLs in preparing and delivering presentations and scientific contributions upon request, e.g. accompanies to international and national congresses and scientific events
- Establish and maintain scientific relationships with local MSL teams and develop a strong understanding of territory research interests.
- Provide the appropriate scientific and medical affairs training to ensure high educational value
- Act as a scientific resource for the local teams to support the Key Accounts teams when requested.
- Collaborates with the MSL teams, appropriate KAMs and the broader organization - in a seamless and efficient manner.
- Responsible for planning, execution, sharing of best practices, and insight generation related discussion in order to understand the breadth of insights, potential impact, and to encourage scientific exploration.
- Responsible and accountable for all budget activities of the team together with line & matrix managers
- Develop and implement medical education programs across the scientific community
- Support the development and implementation of clinical trials and registries as planned by the medical team at a local stage
- Continuous engagement to improve company capabilities building scientific knowledge and gathering competitive intelligence to enable effective decision-making, customer engagement and brand performance
Skills and Requirements:
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.) degree "preferred" or advanced scientific training such as Ph.D. or PharmD. with appropriate therapeutic specialty in an academic or hospital environment in oncology. Completion of residency and/or fellowship in oncology area is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experienced as MSL lead in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional team environment.
- Good knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements, clinical trials such as Phase IV, IIS, IIT, EAP, etc.
- Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills by acting as a role model for implementation of plans and tasks on commitment in time
- Ability to build effective working relationships (internal/external), experienced in matrix work
- Willingness to travel according to business needs
- Fluency in English, oral and written communication
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please callTom Russell on +44 203 8246 104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.