Working at a regional level, the Medical Director will support product launched and product support across Europe within the field of Neurology and will work closely with the Marketing team on pre-launch marketing activities. This role will have a major part in developing the commercial strategy for the EMEA region to expand the company’s presence. Providing medical perspective and expertise for company products in the field of Neurology to commercial teams is an exciting responsibility that requires an entrepreneurial spirit. This Medical Director will leverage her/his networks to create a regional and country specific KOL strategy to further develop and/or maintain strong scientific and medical relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's). This role takes ownership of all internal and external education activities and support, and supports strategic marketing initiatives to identify KOL's and supervise the educational and informational priorities for the Neurology field. The Medical Director reports directly to the Vice President of Neurology EMEA and will be located in Zug, Switzerland.
- Support the Vice President of Marketing with the development of a commercial strategy for the European region by providing medical expertise for all pre-launch marketing activities around the launch of a new drug
- Support the Marketing and Sales teams with the medical perspective during all pre-launch activities, approve marketing material and create/facilitate internal product, disease entity and clinical trainings
- Ensure progressive business advantage by collecting and analysing relevant information on market trends and competitive intelligence
- Continuously develop knowledge of regulatory, pharmacovigilance, and quality assurance requirements in alignment with the company’s Global Business Practice Standards
- Create a regional and country specific KOL strategy that includes a KOL knowledge base, an engagement strategy for KOL's & subsequent prescribers as well as the implementation of country specific Advisory Boards
- Create a regional and country specific strategy for scientific exchange, including the use of tools and resources, patient & physician queries, and generating patient and physician information and educational resources
Skills and Requirements:
- A medical degree is essential, preferably with specialty training or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years total experience in the pharmaceutical industry, minimum 3 years' experience in Neurology, preferably experience in Medical Affairs
- Ideally has touched on European projects or previously launched a product at regional level
- Excellent in stakeholder management; teamwork oriented; interested in working in a multicultural and cross-functional environment
- Decisive and resourceful
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; strong in providing education on complex scientific/clinical issues in a crisp and clear manner both to a peer and larger audience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, public speaking and teaching skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills required·
- Maturity, confidence and credibility to advise and influence senior management
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of time
- Strong business acumen and impeccable integrity
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 8246 104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.