A leading pharmaceutical client is searching for an Emerging Markets EMEA Medical Affairs Manger to join their team in the UK. The company specialises in various therapy areas including oncology, neurology and gastroenterology, and employs several thousand across the globe.
- To provide medical leadership and support to the EPMBG team and partners across the company portfolio.
- Medical oversight of all aspects of EPMBG functions including compliance.
- To support EPMBG in the medical aspects of market development activities and partnership management across the five EPMBG portfolios; Oncology, Neurology, Mature Brands, Heritage Brands and Established Brands.
- To establish and maintain a high level of familiarity with the products supplied in the EPMBG region.
- Work in close collaboration with the medical teams in the Oncology BG, Epilepsy BG, and Medical Information in EMEA as well as medical teams in other business regions in the company such as Asia, Japan, and Americas if needed.
- Representing EPMBG in Neurology BG and Oncology BG Medical/Marketing meetings.
- Working with partners providing knowledge and expertise, liaising/networking with external specialists and other HCPs including sourcing and gaining relevant approvals for international speakers, supporting scientific meetings, giving lectures/seminars, conducting training, copy approval of materials via Zinc ® and assisting with handling medical/scientific questions from HCPs in the EPMBG sub region.
- Oversight of medical processes for EPMBG including SOPs, updating internal databases such as EMMI, maintenance of Medical Information contact list, lobbying for sites in clinical studies as well as close liaison with company Pharmacovigilance and Compliance teams.
- Oversight of supply of unregistered products including obtaining MAC approval, maintaining a database of relevant unregistered supply regulations and MAC approvals and preparation of annual reports as required.
- To establish and maintain a high level of familiarity with local, European, and international regulations and guidance relating to medical affairs.
Skills and Requirements:
- The Medical Affairs Manager will be expected to hold a BSc or PhD, and Pharmacist qualification.
- Prior industry experience in therapy areas or emerging markets preferred.
- UK Registered Final signatory
- Possess a strong sense of responsibility and have a good track record of working independently and meeting strict deadlines.
- Flexibility, adaptability and pro-activity are key requirements for the position.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Willingness to travel approx. 20-30%
- Ability to work consistently conforming to procedures and requirements yet possess a degree of flexibility in order to meet the various demands and priorities.
- Team player
- Able to form strong cross-functional relationships.
- Eye for detail
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 8246 104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.