A leading pharmaceutical client is searching for an International Head of Medical Affairs to join their team in London, UK. The company specialises in various therapy areas including oncology, neurology and gastroenterology, and employs several thousand across the globe.
- Achieve the global human health care ( hhc ) and commercial objectives of the Oncology Business Group (OBG) in the Europe, Middle East, Africa, Russia and Australia (EMEA) region.
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the EMEA medical affairs organisation focusing on the highest scientific integrity and standards, driving innovation and providing patient focused healthcare.
- Lead strategy and tactical operations for medical affairs functions regionally across the Oncology franchise to include effective operation of the Medical Strategy, Clinical Operations for phase IIIb/IV projects (Program Management, Data Management, Biostatistics), Medical Communications and Publications as well field based Medical Science Liaisons.
- Be responsible for leading the regional implementation of, and ensuring regional alignment to, the global oncology medical strategy for the portfolio of commercialized products and near-launch OBG products and indications
- Work closely with colleagues across the Oncology Business Group (OBG), the Global Value and Access Group, Oncology Marketing & Sales and other cross-functional stakeholders to ensure effective Life Cycle Management, Portfolio optimization and Resource utilization for oncology products in the EMEA region.
- As the medical leader in the EMEA region for OBG, oversee, manage and direct compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations for the regional and each country within the region.
- Contribute to regional development and implementation of medical and clinical strategies, including guidance on study protocols, interpretation of clinical data and literature reviews.
- Ensure application of state-of-the art scientific and ethical methods and ensures timelines and budgets are met.
- Contribute to the global oncology publication and medical communications strategy and implementation according to the highest ethical standards and codes of practice.
- Serve as medical leader of, and clinical expertise resource for, the medical science liaison teams and other field based teams overseeing interactions/advocacy development with key opinion leaders or other external customers in the EMEA region.
Skills and Requirements:
- M.D. degree required and Business Degree desirable but not essential
- Significant Pharmaceutical Medical Affairs experience required
- International leadership and management experience essential
- Significant and proven experience in clinical research (Phase I-IV) and in clinical development (Phase IV) desirable
- Experience in communication of final study reports and publications/scientific communications
- Demonstrable success in product launches
- Proven experience in managing external service providers to meet/exceed objectives and budgets
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 8246 104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.