ProClinical is currently seeking an International Medical Director for a global biotechnology company that aims to discover, develop and commercialize innovative medicines so people with serious diseases can lead better lives. The International Medical Director, will provide medical support for the Medical Affairs Cystic Fibrosis therapeutic area. He/she will work closely with a cross-functional group that includes Research & Development, Global and country medical affairs organizations, Market Access, Commercial, Regulatory, and Corporate Communications to ensure that scientific and medical strategies are aligned with broader corporate and patient needs.The individual will work closely with and report directly to the EU / RoW Therapy Area Senior Medical Director (SMD) and will be accountable for supporting the SMD in the development, implementation and execution of the Medical Affairs strategy and plan for the product launch and growth strategy. The geographical scope incorporates EU and Rest of World markets (ex-US). A Medical Doctor can be considered. International experience European / Regional / Global is highly desirable. The position requires strong presentation skills and the ability to foster strong relations both internally with cross-functional teams and externally with KOLs, and the ability to work both strategically and operationally. This person must have the ability to work effectively in a highly matrix environment and have a successful track record of developing project strategies and executing project details. He/she is expected to have a strong commitment to achieving corporate objectives while maintaining the highest ethical, regulatory and scientific standards.
- Accountable for supporting the SMD in the development, implementation and execution of the Medical Affairs Strategy and plan for pipeline and in market products
- Strategic alignment of the Cystic Fibrosis program working cross functionally and partnering with other key functions such as Commercial, Regulatory, Market Access, HEOR, and Corporate Communications.
- Participates in the development of Life Cycle Management Plans
- Responsible for medical interpretation of data (clinical trials, registries, published literature, etc.) for in-development and marketed compounds; review clinical trials and community based grants, as needed.
- Partners with KOLs to provide insights on current focused therapeutic area issues and questions
- Responsible for setting-up and lead Steering Committee meetings and advisory boards.
- Provides input and contribute to the global Therapeutic Area strategic imperatives, Medical Affairs objectives and tactics.
- Support Regulatory, PV/MI, Clinical Research and health economics teams in medical scientific questions
- Internal (mainly marketing and sales functions) and external presentations (local advisory board meetings, launch symposia and others) to enhance the medical knowledge of development projects and marketed products
- Ensures that marketing functions have appropriate medical scientific support
- Reviews promotional materials in the respective area according to the company SOP
- Keeps product and development project information up to date based on internal and external publications
- Keeps close interaction and communicates with Global and Country medical affairs functions
Skills and Requirements:
- Medical Degree. A higher degree or PhD, preferably in life sciences
- Fluency in both spoken and written English
- 5+ years of publication planning and execution experience working within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as required
- Experience with product launches and life-cycle management
- Engaged, dynamic, results-driven
- Strong team work skills, ability to get results in a cross-functional setting, and enjoys operating in a highly motivated team environment
- Good strategic thinking
- Business Acumen
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 8246 104 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.