An internationally known biotechnology company has an opening for a Senior MSL Manager job at their office in Sweden. The company has a strong reputation for developing innovative therapies for neurological diseases and employs approximately 7,000 people worldwide.
- Fosters and maintains strategic relationships with Thought Leaders (TLs) and exchanges accurate and updated medical/scientific information between TLs, other investigators and the company's Medical Affairs group.
- Acts as a medical/scientific resource within the company, ensuring awareness and understanding of the disease area and the company's products.
- The MLM provides technical and educational medical support to affiliate functions in relation to SMA disease areas and company product.
- Responsible for the medical-scientific contribution to the regional SMA medical strategy.
The MLM should, therefore, have expertise in and knowledge of the therapeutic area, patient-treatment trends, clinical trials and scientific activities within the SMA area and continuously update this expertise and knowledge. The MLM should be able to translate highly complex medical scientific content to tactics and have medical operation expertise /skills or experience in managing complex medical projects. This position is 50% field based.
- Facilitate medical and scientific information exchange with the medical community on SMA and other orphan diseases.
- Visiting SMA Leading Experts
- Generate systematically medical insights and provide key learnings to the regional Medical team on regular basis as appropriate.
- Develop and Deliver clinical and scientific presentations to regional healthcare audiences aligned with medical education programs.
- Facilitating harmonisation/improvement of the current national SMA disease registry
- Support therapeutic experts in developing concepts and protocols for SRAs / IITs / in company's scientific area of interest
- Planning, preparation and execution of national SMA Advisory Boards
- Supporting local affiliate approval process of all materials and documents
- Developing of the country specific medical tactical plan, including implementation of projects.
- Providing medical training for local affiliate and medical project support primarily to local affiliate functions like Market Access, PAG management, Marketing.
- Supporting MI and PV process
- Be an active member of the regional SMA Medical team and partner in affiliate cross-functional team.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Medical or scientific qualification (M.D., PhD or Pharm.D. preferred).
- At least 5 years' experience in a medical role in industry
- Strong customer orientation, science-based.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, scientific and non-scientific, throughout all levels and geographies of an organisation, in English and a second language.
- Ideally, medical/scientific experience in rare diseases
- Good communicative and organisational skills.
- Independent team worker.
- Flexible mindset and see changes as mandatory.
- Good customer relations and networking capacities.
- Excellent Communication & Interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel as it is a 50% field-based role.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Tom Russell on +44 203 8246 104 or upload your CV on our website www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.