A leading pharmaceutical client is searching for an EMEA Medical Manager, Oncology to join their team in the UK. The company specialises in various therapy areas including oncology, neurology and gastroenterology, and employs several thousand across the globe.
To provide specialist care focused scientific and technical support to EMEA medical affairs and marketing activities including the support of peri-launch activities for the drug/product.
In liaison with the Medical Director EMEA, and the European OBG team, lead and/or provide support for the following activities
- Develop and Implement European Medical Affairs plan, ensuring synergy amongst regions
- Develop and implement regional publication plans
- Liaison with communications agencies / review of manuscripts & posters / liaison with potential authors
- Assist with review of publications materials from EU affiliates
- Collaborate with the Global Launch Team, as part of the Global Publication subcommittee
- KOL Activities - Identification, KOLs and rising stars OLsNetworking/Liaison/Development
- Contribution to symposia planning meetings / teleconferences
- Liaison with communications agencies / review of agendas and slides / liaison with presenting faculty / participation in slide review and other technical matters relating to symposia preparation
- Compliance with ABPI, Code of Practice, EFPIA Codes of Practice, and applicable local codes
- Maintain up to date knowledge on relevant code and regulations
- Review / certification of items requiring promotional copy approval
- Interfacing with clinical operations /IPT/GLT/ CROs / trial sites enquiries
- Assist with review of clinical study protocols, investigator-led study protocols, clinical data and clinical study reports
- Medical Affairs Budget management and Medical Marketing Support
- Provision of scientific support to medical and marketing activities as required (eg. promotional copy design, brand reviews, market research, advisory boards, support to EU affiliates).
- Provision of scientific and medical support in the preparation of dossiers for pricing & reimbursement and/or health technology appraisal.
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Scientific Degree (BSc or equivalent) or equivalent.
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Must have good experience in a medical affairs environment.
- Must have good experience in specialist care (either medical affairs or clinical trials/operations).
- Previous HTA experience desirable.
- Exposure to clinical trial design and implementation.
- Exposure to clinical data critique and analysis.