ProClinical has a brilliant opportunity for a Contracts Manager to be based in Irvine, CA. This job will be with one of the largest workforce management solutions companies in the world who specialise in multiple scientific and engineering sectors. The contracts manager supports the Cardiovascular Specialty Solutions (CSS) Group of companies and will manage, review, revise, and negotiate medical device clinical study contracts, and may also support a wide range of other agreements, including but not limited to: confidentiality agreements, consulting agreements (including health care professional fee-for-service agreements), supply/distribution agreements, development agreements and services agreements.
- Use of CSS' contract management system (ICD)
- Lead review of assigned contract requests made to the Law Department by reviewing contract terms and conditions, negotiating terms with third parties, maintaining appropriate files and documentation and ensure legality and conformity to business standards
- May refer certain legal issues to J&J attorneys and other contract professionals for review and direction as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- A Juris Doctor degree is required.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in the medical device clinical contracts management field managing, reviewing, revising and negotiating agreements
- Ability to read and interpret legal language, including identifying and mitigating risk/exposure points
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills
- General knowledge of corporate contracting, compliance, and medical device industry
- Creative, motivated, and able to work well individually and in team environment.
- Must possess an understanding of clinical contracting processes and working with internal constituents and third parties with creativity and judgment relative to executing jobs
- Must exhibit a high level of integrity and willingness to challenge stakeholders on issues arising through the contracts process with the ability to work with minimal supervision or direction using a high degree of independent analytical judgment
- Must possess strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced deadline driven environment
- Must possess the proven ability to develop effective interdependent partnering relationships with the ability to collaborate with business partners and clients effectively, spending the appropriate amount of time listening to their concerns and needs showing respect and valuing their roles and ensuring that their needs and business goals are met in a timely and effective manner
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matthew Goldberg on +1 267 405 6995 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.