ProClinical is currently seeking a Medical Advisor for an international biopharmaceutical company focused on improving patients' lives by identifying, developing and commercialising meaningful products that address unmet medical needs. Reporting directly to the Medical Director DACH & Poland, the Medical Adviser is responsible for providing medical support activities covering marketed and pipeline products by participating in cross-functional working across the business, especially the Medical/Marketing interface, to optimise growth consistent with company strategy.
Primary activities include supporting the development and execution of the local Medical Affairs brand strategy and programs that support the development, commercialization and life cycle management of in-market and future company products. Develop and maintain expertise in all company products to provide expert scientific support to affiliate including field-based and office based staff across the medico-marketing function in the form of product presentations, expert opinion, training, briefing documents.
- Contribute to current awareness of information relating to products in therapy areas of interest from literature search and scientific meetings and congresses
- Providing advice and support on compliance, including interpretation of the Code of Practice and, as a final signatory, ensuring ethical promotion of the company’s products and activities
- Providing strategic input into local brand planning process to ensure medical and scientific credibility and the optimal use of data for competitive product differentiation
- Ensure that appropriate procedures for release of local promotional materials and publications are in place and adhered to.
- Lead literature research for local needs and provide support and advice to marketing groups in developing strategy and tactical implementation plans. Provide literature training and summaries and establish local journal club.
- Lead congress reporting and summaries, collect data on competitors and market development and communicate to the marketing & sales team as appropriate
- Input into local Regulatory strategies and input into local documents. Support Int. Regulatory Affairs with coaching and communication with health authorities.
- Work in collaboration with and under direction of Regional MD to support Global PV, ensure local SOPs are in place and that all obligations in PV are adhered to
- Support local reimbursement and NUB procedures
- Ensure up-to-date knowledge of German, Austrian, Swiss and Polish health care politics
- Support preparation of tailored clinical data packages for advisory boards, investigators and other key opinion leaders' request to deliver scientifically credible messages regarding the company’s existing and pipeline products
- Support creation of training material and other scientific materials in collaboration with marketing and other appropriate internal stakeholders Execute training of internal staff in medical and scientific aspects of relevant therapeutic areas and the Code of Practice
Skills and Requirements:
- Ideally MD with at least 3 years' experience in Medical Affairs, Medical Science Liaisons, Clinical Development or Medical Information in biotech or pharmaceutical industry
- Able to understand the detailed science and clinical aspects of the Haematology/Oncology portfolio
- Experience in therapy areas of haematology and oncology
- Sound knowledge of local Code of Practice
- Demonstrable high level of verbal and written communications skills
- Strategic thinking in combination with a strong operational approach; hands-on mentality and a pioneering spirit
- Strong team working capacity
- Language skills in German and English- written and fluent spoken - are essential
- Willingness to travel frequently
- Excellent work ethic
- Proficiency in computer skills
- Good understanding of healthcare systems in the region and the needs of payors
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matthias Benn on +44 203 8234 365 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.